Finally made the move over

nickbettschen

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
so i finally made the move from blackberry to android :). its so nice to be able to have all the great apps.

i just have a question,

i really like the app blackberry portect and was wondering if there was an app. somewhat like that for android

also i got the Samsung S II LTE (rogers) and i find the batt. isnt that good does anyone have tips on making it last longer

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Hey buddy
Welcome to Android as I personally believe is mega fun and availability for many peoples liking.

The best way to save battery would to install battery saving applications from the Google store.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm not familiar with Blackberry Protect--what does it do? If you tell us, we'll be able to tell you more easily what's available on Android that's similar.

As to your battery life, there a lot things you can do:

1. Unless you absolutely need constant email alerts, keep your mobile data (4G or 3G), wifi, and Bluetooth off, and turn them on only when you need them. There are a lot of good widgets available to install to help you with this. I recommend Power Toggles.

2. Make sure all of your apps refresh manually instead of automatically, like Facebook or news apps like Currents. Automatic refresh can eat battery by using wifi or mobile data more frequently.

3. Set your screen to the lowest brightness that you need, or set it to Auto Brightness. You rarely need it at 100%, unless you're in bright sunlight.

4. Live wallpapers are cool, but some tend to use more battery. Static wallpapers always use less battery.

5. If you notice your battery dropping faster than usual, try rebooting your phone. Sometimes, an app will go a bit nuts and not shut off, using up battery in the process. Rebooting will correct this glitch.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
There are many security apps available that will back up your info and also help you locate lost phones. I like Lookout, but you can also check out Avast, AVG, Norton, and McAfee, among others.

If you put as much info as possible into the Google cloud (like contacts, documents, music, photos, etc.), then you won't have to worry about backing up your info, because it's done automatically.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol