After 5 years of iOS I'm switching!

jrb363

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
This is my first time to post and my second time coming to these forums. I've browsed the Web OS forums for a long time since I own (and LOVE) my Touchpad but after my wife upgraded this weekend to a Note II I have decided it is time to retire my old faithful launch day iPhone 3GS!

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Welcome. The Note 2 is a great choice. There are a lot great phones coming out this year.

Sent from my Really Big Phone

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
This is my first time to post and my second time coming to these forums. I've browsed the Web OS forums for a long time since I own (and LOVE) my Touchpad but after my wife upgraded this weekend to a Note II I have decided it is time to retire my old faithful launch day iPhone 3GS!
Dude wait till the HTC one or S4 don't get the note 2!

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Dude wait till the HTC one or S4 don't get the note 2!

I would agree that you should wait a few months if you can until these phones are out. I'm not sure why you wouldn't consider the Note 2 though. It's a great phone. If the S Pen is of any use to you then it's a great choice. If not then I would say choose one of the others.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I would agree that you should wait a few months if you can until these phones are out. I'm not sure why you wouldn't consider the Note 2 though. It's a great phone. If the S Pen is of any use to you then it's a great choice. If not then I would say choose one of the others.

It's not as new as the other ones and tbh I don't like the plastic and that is a deal-breaker for me.

jrb363

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
@ Partho, I didn't get the Note 2, my wife did. So far she loves it though outside of trying to use it when the sun hits the screen.

I've been talking to a lot of folks over on the Verge in the Android Army getting suggestions about phones, updates, etc. I will be locked to AT&T since my wife upgraded to a Note 2 last weekend. So far she loves it and her only complaint is she struggles to see the phone outside. Since she has small hands it's difficult for her to shield the screen and get anything done simultaneously especially when trying to use the S-pen. Also, I have read so many negative things about AMOLED that while I love the looks of the S3/4 I fear Pentile and outdoor use will make me hate it in the long run.

Since I haven't upgraded in so long (still using a launch day 3GS) I want my phone to be as future proof as possible. I know 1080p is becoming the standard this year so that is a must, along with at least a quad-core 1.5Ghz+ processor and 2GB ram. A removable battery and microSD card slot would be a bonus and I prefer LCD/IPS hands down to AMOLED. Camera-wise I take a TON of pictures but I guess coming from my 4 year old iPhone anything would look great. However I have been most impressed by what I've read on the One's new camera.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
@ Partho, I didn't get the Note 2, my wife did. So far she loves it though outside of trying to use it when the sun hits the screen.

I've been talking to a lot of folks over on the Verge in the Android Army getting suggestions about phones, updates, etc. I will be locked to AT&T since my wife upgraded to a Note 2 last weekend. So far she loves it and her only complaint is she struggles to see the phone outside. Since she has small hands it's difficult for her to shield the screen and get anything done simultaneously especially when trying to use the S-pen. Also, I have read so many negative things about AMOLED that while I love the looks of the S3/4 I fear Pentile and outdoor use will make me hate it in the long run.

Since I haven't upgraded in so long (still using a launch day 3GS) I want my phone to be as future proof as possible. I know 1080p is becoming the standard this year so that is a must, along with at least a quad-core 1.5Ghz+ processor and 2GB ram. A removable battery and microSD card slot would be a bonus and I prefer LCD/IPS hands down to AMOLED. Camera-wise I take a TON of pictures but I guess coming from my 4 year old iPhone anything would look great. However I have been most impressed by what I've read on the One's new camera.
The One is simply the best.

jrb363

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I would like to but I don't think I can. I figure with the Nexus line being reasonably priced if I purchase the S4 or One now and I find the Nexus 5 more appealing down the line I can always sell it and use the money to buy a maxed out Nexus 5. I really just can't decide what to do. I love the appeal of stock Android and have heard such great things about it. "It's the only way to go, use it once and you'll hate skins forever, etc" I just don't think the Nexus 4 has what I'm looking for right now which is unfortunate since I really like LG as a company.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forum, welcome to Android, and my 2 cents would be pick a phone that best reflect the features you want. The Note 2, while on the market for a while, is still a solid choice in devices.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34