Samsung Galaxy S3 battery draining problem

nicyap97

May 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi everybody out there.

I own a Samsung Galaxy S3 and I am having a problem with it. The battery keeps on draining. It didn't used to be like this. When I first used it, for example, if I leave my phone on standby and do nothing with it for 8 hours, the battery will have 92% remaining. But now, if I leave it on standby for the same amount of time, it drops to 11%. And that is a very huge drop.

I sent my phone for a repair and they changed my battery. Even after I changed it, it still won't stop drainage. I later discovered that it has something to do with the 'media'. Due the media, I can't read my external SD card properly, can't download anything from the browser, can't transfer files into my external SD card. This is something that I want to solve. I'm not a huge user on my phone but I would want to solve this problem that I'm facing. I have to bring a portable battery pack wherever I go.

Here are some screenshots below to show you guys what is happening on my phone. I would really like to have your help on this.

Screenshot_2013-05-04-14-45-41.png

Screenshot_2013-05-04-14-45-49.png

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi everybody out there.

I own a Samsung Galaxy S3 and I am having a problem with it. The battery keeps on draining. It didn't used to be like this. When I first used it, for example, if I leave my phone on standby and do nothing with it for 8 hours, the battery will have 92% remaining. But now, if I leave it on standby for the same amount of time, it drops to 11%. And that is a very huge drop.

I sent my phone for a repair and they changed my battery. Even after I changed it, it still won't stop drainage. I later discovered that it has something to do with the 'media'. Due the media, I can't read my external SD card properly, can't download anything from the browser, can't transfer files into my external SD card. This is something that I want to solve. I'm not a huge user on my phone but I would want to solve this problem that I'm facing. I have to bring a portable battery pack wherever I go.

Here are some screenshots below to show you guys what is happening on my phone. I would really like to have your help on this.

https://sites.google.com/site/fsjdfooidsm/home/Screenshot_2013-05-04-14-45-41.png
https://sites.google.com/site/fsjdfooidsm/home/Screenshot_2013-05-04-14-45-49.png

I would try this. Reboot into recovery and wipe the phone's cache. Here is how to do that: Power down the phone. wait till the touch key lights go off. When they do, hold Power, Home, and Volume up till you see the Samsung logo. Then you will shift to a screen with several options and a highlight. To navigate, use the volume rocker, and accept is power. Move down to wipe cache partition, and push power. Then click yes, (you will have to scroll up or down several clicks to say yes). When it's done (should only take about 15 seconds) it will bring you to the main screen where you first started. Right away you should be highlighting Reboot system. Hit power.

See if that helps.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
If you're having problems reading the SD card, you probably have a corrupted file on the card, or a corrupted directly, and that's causing the media server to keep running. Try removing the card and see if your problem goes away. If it does, backup the files on the card to your computer and reformat the card in the phone. If you still can't read the card, you'll need to replace it. If it's good, then try copying back a few files at a time, and if the problem resurfaces you'll know it was one of the last files you copied back.

Welcome to A|C. In the future, you'll probably get more people to see and reply to your posts if you put them in a forum related to the subject of the post. Here's our S3 forum: http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s3/