Just moved from iphone to Samsung Galaxy Note 2

dakotanut

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Love my android phone. I feel so liberated from IOS. Everyone I know is getting Android phones or Windows phones. Seems to me that IOS (Apply) is on it's way out. I have a couple of questions but not sure where to ask them. I'll peruse the site and see the best place. I'm sure a mod will move them if necessary.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Love my android phone. I feel so liberated from IOS. Everyone I know is getting Android phones or Windows phones. Seems to me that IOS (Apply) is on it's way out. I have a couple of questions but not sure where to ask them. I'll peruse the site and see the best place. I'm sure a mod will move them if necessary.

Well what are the questions. I have an S3, so almost anything you ask I may be able to answer.

dakotanut

May 21, 2013
Visit site
My biggest question is I can't add ringtones to my sms notifications. So like if my wife or kids text me I cant set a particular tone for them. I have the ones that came with the phone but nothing I got from zedge is there.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
My biggest question is I can't add ringtones to my sms notifications. So like if my wife or kids text me I cant set a particular tone for them. I have the ones that came with the phone but nothing I got from zedge is there.

AS far as I know you can't make separate tone for different contact's texts. You can make the general text tone different by opening the messaging app and clicking menu and settings. As for Zedge tones, sometimes a notification tone won't work in any other location than a notification folder. Try moving them to your internal folder and see if that helps.

dss2000

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site

You might try the app: Custom SMS Tones.

Posted via Android Central App

dakotanut

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Ok. Im so new still I know not what you mean by moving them to my internal folder. Id just like to have sms tones for everyone. That away I know who is texting me. Lol
Ok Ill try custom sms tones. Is that an app?

dss2000

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Ok. Im so new still I know not what you mean by moving them to my internal folder. Id just like to have sms tones for everyone. That away I know who is texting me. Lol
Ok Ill try custom sms tones. Is that an app?
Yes, it is an app in the Google Play:
Free version lets you set tone for 3 contacts:
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...xsLmN1c3RvbXNtc3RvbmVzbGl0ZSJd&token=eY_XyvaP

Paid version $.99 doesn't restrict # of contacts:
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...WRraWxsLmN1c3RvbXNtc3RvbmVzIl0&token=UyL2Z1op.

There is also Ringo:
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...et.ringo&feature=search_result&token=aMHCx_yx

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34