Howdy, back into the world of Android!

mccoy1

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I've been following AC for a while now as I make my way back to Android with the HTC One as well as an Asus tablet.

My first Smartphone was the original Samsung Galaxy "S1" (Blackberry before that) and I loved it. For a few months. Then updates became scarce, it got laggy, buggy and forgotten. It really upset me as I was just around 1 year on my contract with another year to go before a new phone, my phone was basically garbage, near useless. How "smart" is that? No doubt Android has come a long way since then.

But I took a side trip to the iPhone 4S and certainly enjoyed it. No hiccups, no bugginess, everything ran smoothly. I never used a case and just loved the design, feel and truly appreciated the piece of tech I had in my hand. I had always had some rubbery, tacky, leathery case on my phones. It was something of a realization. I also own and work on both PCs and Macs so I'm bi-technical :0

Nonetheless, iOS is.just.so.boring. I never loved anything about the iOS, other than that it simply "worked". I had the 4S longer than I've had any phone my entire life, 2.5 years. But with the previous batch of Samsung and HTC, Android really has turned a corner. We all agree. So I'm back after much research and I simply fell in love with the HTC One. I thought I would go for the GS4 due to the fact that I generally like Samsung products (2 flat screens) the record sales, popularity and microSD expansion b/c I have a lot of music on my XHD. But once in the store and spending time with both, it was easy and clear that the HTC One was for me.

I found the GS4 to be too large overall and too large of a screen, actual clickable real estate. Then obviously the build quality. I appreciate that HTC combined both form and function in the One, we'll look back at it as a very important Android phone, imo. I hope to share more of my experiences on here with everyone as I'll be looking into customizing my loader, screens, icons, etc.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to android central forums :) we are thrilled to have you! When you are ready to share, feel free!

Jennifer
"Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open.? -courtesy of Albus Dumbledore, via my droid DNA.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I've been following AC for a while now as I make my way back to Android with the HTC One as well as an Asus tablet.

My first Smartphone was the original Samsung Galaxy "S1" (Blackberry before that) and I loved it. For a few months. Then updates became scarce, it got laggy, buggy and forgotten. It really upset me as I was just around 1 year on my contract with another year to go before a new phone, my phone was basically garbage, near useless. How "smart" is that? No doubt Android has come a long way since then.

But I took a side trip to the iPhone 4S and certainly enjoyed it. No hiccups, no bugginess, everything ran smoothly. I never used a case and just loved the design, feel and truly appreciated the piece of tech I had in my hand. I had always had some rubbery, tacky, leathery case on my phones. It was something of a realization. I also own and work on both PCs and Macs so I'm bi-technical :0

Nonetheless, iOS is.just.so.boring. I never loved anything about the iOS, other than that it simply "worked". I had the 4S longer than I've had any phone my entire life, 2.5 years. But with the previous batch of Samsung and HTC, Android really has turned a corner. We all agree. So I'm back after much research and I simply fell in love with the HTC One. I thought I would go for the GS4 due to the fact that I generally like Samsung products (2 flat screens) the record sales, popularity and microSD expansion b/c I have a lot of music on my XHD. But once in the store and spending time with both, it was easy and clear that the HTC One was for me.

I found the GS4 to be too large overall and too large of a screen, actual clickable real estate. Then obviously the build quality. I appreciate that HTC combined both form and function in the One, we'll look back at it as a very important Android phone, imo. I hope to share more of my experiences on here with everyone as I'll be looking into customizing my loader, screens, icons, etc.

Welcome to the forums! Jump right in, have fun, and by all means, stay a while!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze