my strange Android forum account

mydamdroid

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
so I just typed a question which took me 20 minutes and when I went to post it said it would take a moderator to approve it. Then I got a message saying it was a duplicate post of what I posted 3 minutes ago. I hit preview I read it over and then I hit the post thread button. What am I doing wrong. It vanished.

Also the short version of my real problem using a galaxy 3 when I get incoming text messages the originators phone number does not appear what appears is a sequential number increases by one every time a person sends me a message it's intermittent it doesn't happen to everybody at the same time and this seems to be no pattern.

Lost in space.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to AndroidCentral! Regarding the first questions, you may have accidentally posted the thread then pressed back and sent it again without really knowing it. Sometimes that happens and can result in a duplicate thread being created.

About the second question, are you logged in with your Google account? Are you using the stock messaging app? Do you have contacts setup on the device?

mydamdroid

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Thx ref the disappearing act. It did finally post on another forum and that one may have additional details that would explain.

Using stock messaging ap. Contacts all set up. As far as being signed into my Google account, I have set my gmail to stay logged in, password saved on device. I use Google voice to text and search ... never log off