Do ppl really text message anymore?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
A lot of people are on social media so that's how they correspond. But I agree, I rarely text anymore and use online resources to communicate.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

rlindydiane

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I definitely agree with ya I just wish we cld be a little less reliant on it. Sometimes if you wanna share something private with someone I'd rather text than pm someone. I don't use Facebook Messenger but you're right if that's what everyone is doing I might have to evolve. My big thing is having to see my news feed. I'm really sick of some of the things my "friends" are droaning on about. Short of deleting or blocking everyone texting wld save a bit of my sanity... Lol.

"Laughter is an instant vacation." ~ Milton Berle

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I definitely agree with ya I just wish we cld be a little less reliant on it. Sometimes if you wanna share something private with someone I'd rather text than pm someone. I don't use Facebook Messenger but you're right if that's what everyone is doing I might have to evolve. My big thing is having to see my news feed. I'm really sick of some of the things my "friends" are droaning on about. Short of deleting or blocking everyone texting wld save a bit of my sanity... Lol.

Part of it is the generation. Phone's target demographic is the same as Facebook. In fact, I think most smartphone users would need to Google what a rotary phone is....

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

rlindydiane

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Part of it is the generation. Phone's target demographic is the same as Facebook. In fact, I think most smartphone users would need to Google what a rotary phone is....

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

They totally would no doubt! Lol idw to go back that far ;-) Telephone conversation? What's that? Ha!

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
They totally would no doubt! Lol idw to go back that far ;-) Telephone conversation? What's that? Ha!

See and I will do that. Sometimes I have no other alternative, and sometimes, in the middle of a text conversation, if my response will get detailed, I will continue via voice call. But then again, I look at it as efficiency versus a crude form of communication.

rlindydiane

May 7, 2012
Visit site
See and I will do that. Sometimes I have no other alternative, and sometimes, in the middle of a text conversation, if my response will get detailed, I will continue via voice call. But then again, I look at it as efficiency versus a crude form of communication.

I absolutely agree with you. I actually wish I cld spend more time on the "phone." I all too often have little ears listening so I have to text and then there are the idiots that refuse to do anything but text. If I need directions to your house or what to bring there I sldnt have to wait 10 minutes for you to text back because you refuse to pick up your phone.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I absolutely agree with you. I actually wish I cld spend more time on the "phone." I all too often have little ears listening so I have to text and then there are the idiots that refuse to do anything but text. If I need directions to your house or what to bring there I sldnt have to wait 10 minutes for you to text back because you refuse to pick up your phone.

Hoo Yah!!!!

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I don't send messages via Facebook at all. I don't want to be beholden to Facebook for contacting people. Anyone who needs to contact me has my phone number and email address.

rlindydiane

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I don't send messages via Facebook at all. I don't want to be beholden to Facebook for contacting people. Anyone who needs to contact me has my phone number and email address.

I definitely understand that. I won't send messages via fb for my "phone" is a lot faster, imo it's a no brainer. BTW I love your signature up there =-)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia