hello everyone im new here.anyway i bought my samsung galaxy s4 like 3 weeks ago and eversince i got it iv had some serious drain in battery.like if im just on the web it would drop 1 % after like 2 minutes and if im playing a game it will drop like 5 % after like 3 minutes of playing.iv tried multiple factory resets iv tries diabling load of app google now samsung push service google music and all of that but still no difference. iv tried to download batter saver apps task killers battery moniters.iv tried to turn every thing off.i cant take it back because my mum will go mad because i begged for this phone please help.

screen-69
    android os- 6
    media-5
    android system-3
    google play 2%
    media server 2
    internet -2
    08-07-2013 09:33 AM
    hello everyone im new here.anyway i bought my samsung galaxy s4 like 3 weeks ago and eversince i got it iv had some serious drain in battery.like if im just on the web it would drop 1 % after like 2 minutes and if im playing a game it will drop like 5 % after like 3 minutes of playing.iv tried multiple factory resets iv tries diabling load of app google now samsung push service google music and all of that but still no difference. iv tried to download batter saver apps task killers battery moniters.iv tried to turn every thing off.i cant take it back because my mum will go mad because i begged for this phone please help.

screen-69
    android os- 6
    media-5
    android system-3
    google play 2%
    media server 2
    internet -2
    Sounds about right for playing a game, especially if the game has intense graphics. You might want to consider lowering the brightness of the screen to 50% or so (lower is better) and disable LTE and WiFi if you are not using those services. keeping those on without a connection causes the hardware to poll for a connection and that uses battery as well.

By the way, welcome to the Forums and hope you are enjoying the device - we'd love to hear about your experience these past couple of weeks.
    B. Diddy and Golfdriver97 like this.
    08-07-2013 09:55 AM
    I agree, that doesn't sound too unusual. Here are some general battery saving tips:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=298919
    [Guide] Battery Saving Tips

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    08-07-2013 11:44 AM
    I agree with them. Just make sure that gps, bluetooth and wifi aren't on if you don't need them. You should also try to keep the brightness down as srkmagnus stated before.
    08-07-2013 11:54 AM
    Welcome to the forums!
    I would heed the above posts for possible fixes.
    Sent from a SlimROM S3.
    08-07-2013 12:35 PM
    welcome to the forums. Try what the others had suggested....the screen brightness will kill your battery, so if you can live with a dimmer screen, try that. That being said, dropping 5% on 3 minutes of playing a game? That seems a bit excessive, but some games will kill your battery faster than others.
    08-07-2013 03:21 PM
    I agree with them. Just make sure that gps, bluetooth and wifi aren't on if you don't need them. You should also try to keep the brightness down as srkmagnus stated before.
    [double take] Do mine eyes deceive me? TWO Crow T. Robots??!?
    08-07-2013 05:49 PM
    [double take] Do mine eyes deceive me? TWO Crow T. Robots??!?
    Wow!!! I did not know anyone else had the same avatar as me. I was in a rush before. I didn't even bother to look at your avatar.
    08-07-2013 05:53 PM
    Wow!!! I did not know anyone else had the same avatar as me. I was in a rush before. I didn't even bother to look at your avatar.
    "I'm different."

(Hopefully you'll get that reference ...)
    08-07-2013 06:01 PM