New to Android central, not android:)

RealMayer

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Thanks!

Well, I reset my tablet and ever since the update to android 4.3 it's been acting funny. app icons stay on my home screen even when i uninstall them, and i get a message on my homescreen saying unfortunately it stopped working and the new apps i just installed dont display on my home screen. Also, when i have my tablet plugged in, my daydream clock doesnt show up, and my GPS stopped working. -_-

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Yikes. Welcome to the forums. Is this a 2012 Nexus 7 or 2013? It might be worth a factory reset. Thos issues seem odd (other than newly installed apps not showing up on the home screen, since they should just go in your app drawer and then added to the screen if you want them there).

But the rest of it is strange.

RealMayer

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Yikes. Welcome to the forums. Is this a 2012 Nexus 7 or 2013? It might be worth a factory reset. Thos issues seem odd (other than newly installed apps not showing up on the home screen, since they should just go in your app drawer and then added to the screen if you want them there).

But the rest of it is strange.

Thanks!
It's the 2012 tablet.
So resetting it again should fix the problem?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Before you factory reset, try wiping the system cache partition, which you can do from the Recovery Menu. The cache partition has a lot of temporary system data and log files that could potentially muck things up after a system update, and clearing the cache partition will not erase any important data. Steps as follows:

1. Power down your Nexus 7.
2. When it's off, press at the same time the power button, and BOTH the vol up and vol down buttons. Keep them down until the device powers up.
3. At the next screen, use the vol buttons to select "Recovery mode," then press the power button.
4. When you see the Android lying on its back with the red exclamation point, press the power button and vol up button at the same time. When you release them, you should see the Recovery Menu.
5. Use the vol buttons again to scroll up or down, select "Wipe cache partition," and press the power button to execute.
6. When it's done wiping the cache, scroll up to "Reboot system now," and press the power button.

The steps are illustrated in this article, but they omitted step 4 for some reason: Why is My Nexus 7 So Slow? 8 Ways to Speed it Up Again

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance