OS Upgrade and app marketplace

Vaughan Clarke

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
I upgraded a Samsung 6800 tablet and Samsung Duo phone from previous OS (gingerbread and 3.2) to Jellybean. However, I now want to install the new version of OneNote released 1 August 2013. This requires Jellybean 4.0+ to be installed, which I have done. However, the google market place system only reads my model number and says they are all incompatible. It also does the same for my NoteII and 10.1 tablet so am not sure what I need to do to install an app that I use on my desktop almost daily. A windows phone is not the answer. Any advise would be most welcome.

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded a Samsung 6800 tablet and Samsung Duo phone from previous OS (gingerbread and 3.2) to Jellybean. However, I now want to install the new version of OneNote released 1 August 2013. This requires Jellybean 4.0+ to be installed, which I have done. However, the google market place system only reads my model number and says they are all incompatible. It also does the same for my NoteII and 10.1 tablet so am not sure what I need to do to install an app that I use on my desktop almost daily. A windows phone is not the answer. Any advise would be most welcome.

Welcome to the forums. You may be correct about the Play Store only looking at the model number. Do you happen to have this installed on another Android device? If so, it's possible you can pull the apk from that device and sideload it to your others. In any event, you'll need the apk and to try to sideload it. Maybe it'll work, maybe not. Worth a try though.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Welcome to the forums!
Have you tried Google Keep? I looked at One Note, and the two apps are pretty similar.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. Agree with the others. If you're stuck on OneNote you'll probably need to sideload the .apk. Otherwise, there are plenty of other note taking apps (Keep, Evernote, etc).

Vaughan Clarke

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys. Been out of station so sorry for the delayed reply. Thanks for the info, I will try and see what I can find. What surprises me is that they download page says Ver 4 and above and the Duos is 4.2, so does not make sense. Either way, will give it a try and see.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Remember that it isn't just the Android OS version that dictates compatibility--sometimes an app just isn't compatible with a particular piece of hardware. It's a shame that they don't tell you why​ an app is incompatible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12