Group Messaging Problems

Bren_Keating7

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm sure there are a lot of posts about the group messaging problem but all of the ones I've read have nothing to do with my problem. I just bought a Samsung Galaxy s4 (about 2 weeks ago) and NEVER previously owned an iPhone. The phone I had before the galaxy was a Windows phone. I use the stock messaging app and the group messages were working fine up until yesterday. All day I've been trying to use other messaging apps like Textra and GOSMSPRO but still the group messaging didn't work. The stock messaging was doing great and then all of a sudden the group messaging just stopped working. I can't send out messages and anytime I receive a group message they come up in separate messages and with a box that tells me I have to download. I click download and it fails. Everything in settings is the way it should be, group messaging is on, I've tried texting with WiFi on and with WiFi off. Nothing seems to work and at this point I'm wondering if it's an android problem or a Galaxy problem? If anyone would like to help me out with this problem that would be greatly appreciated and I truly hope I'm missing something that will be an easy fix.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure there are a lot of posts about the group messaging problem but all of the ones I've read have nothing to do with my problem. I just bought a Samsung Galaxy s4 (about 2 weeks ago) and NEVER previously owned an iPhone. The phone I had before the galaxy was a Windows phone. I use the stock messaging app and the group messages were working fine up until yesterday. All day I've been trying to use other messaging apps like Textra and GOSMSPRO but still the group messaging didn't work. The stock messaging was doing great and then all of a sudden the group messaging just stopped working. I can't send out messages and anytime I receive a group message they come up in separate messages and with a box that tells me I have to download. I click download and it fails. Everything in settings is the way it should be, group messaging is on, I've tried texting with WiFi on and with WiFi off. Nothing seems to work and at this point I'm wondering if it's an android problem or a Galaxy problem? If anyone would like to help me out with this problem that would be greatly appreciated and I truly hope I'm missing something that will be an easy fix.

Welcome to the forums!
Have you looked in the Galaxy S4 forums? Here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s4/