So I love my Galaxy II - which came with me from the end of the road to the edge of nowhere. I come to the boards for info on unlocking and/or rooting the device. No sim so no service.

Im a casual but die-hard Android user and now that I have a phone I like but can not use as intended I'm stepping up to serious and exploring my options. As a noob both on the boards and with super-user constructs, I'm not really sure where to start.

But it's good to be part of a like-minded community - many of whom have been where I am now - and so...I'm off to meet the wizards, techies, geeks and other fandroid users.

Sent from my SCH-R760 using AC Forums mobile app
    09-14-2013 12:49 PM
    So I love my Galaxy II - which came with me from the end of the road to the edge of nowhere. I come to the boards for info on unlocking and/or rooting the device. No sim so no service.

Im a casual but die-hard Android user and now that I have a phone I like but can not use as intended I'm stepping up to serious and exploring my options. As a noob both on the boards and with super-user constructs, I'm not really sure where to start.

But it's good to be part of a like-minded community - many of whom have been where I am now - and so...I'm off to meet the wizards, techies, geeks and other fandroid users.

Welcome!
    So you are not on a data plan with a carrier?

Sent from a SlimROM S3.
    09-14-2013 02:22 PM
    Nope, I'm on wifi now but heard that I may be able to unlock it so that I could use it on other networks. In the High Mojave desert, Sprint has the best coverage and doesn't require a sim. I think that's cdma but not sure.

09-14-2013 03:24 PM
    Nope, I'm on wifi now but heard that I may be able to unlock it so that I could use it on other networks. In the High Mojave desert, Sprint has the best coverage and doesn't require a sim. I think that's cdma but not sure.

Yes that is a CDMA carrier. You might want to contact Sprint to let them know what you want to do and see if the model phone will work on their network.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.
    09-14-2013 03:32 PM