Newish to this forum. Getting Note3. What is best way to get everything from WP synced to Google?

power5

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I had been on iOS back until 2010. Now I have been on WP since then. How do I get all my contacts from FB, Twitter, Hotmail to sync with google? WP is able to place all my contacts from FB, Twitter, and hotmail into my phone just by adding those accounts to my phone. How do I get all these contacts onto android? Also, I use outlook at work like many do. How do I sync my outlook calendar to my google calendar? I use Onenote as well. I assume there is a Onenote app. Will it support the S Pen? It does on the Surface so I am hoping it does on the Note3. I have been perusing the helps and tricks forum to get ideas. Most of those threads seem a bit out of date starting in 2010.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I had been on iOS back until 2010. Now I have been on WP since then. How do I get all my contacts from FB, Twitter, Hotmail to sync with google? WP is able to place all my contacts from FB, Twitter, and hotmail into my phone just by adding those accounts to my phone. How do I get all these contacts onto android? Also, I use outlook at work like many do. How do I sync my outlook calendar to my google calendar? I use Onenote as well. I assume there is a Onenote app. Will it support the S Pen? It does on the Surface so I am hoping it does on the Note3. I have been perusing the helps and tricks forum to get ideas. Most of those threads seem a bit out of date starting in 2010.

Welcome to the forums.
I think most of your apps with contacts will sync when you install and complete the setup process.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Here's an article from last year about syncing Outlook with Android: How To: Sync Android With Microsoft Outlook | PCMag.com There are lots of options, but be aware that none of them may be perfect. Certain phone manufacturers also have their own sync software (like HTC Sync) that can sync Outlook Calendar and Contacts (but typically not Notes).

Here's the link for OneNote in the Google Play Store. Difficult to tell from a Google search if S-pens are supported yet.

BlakeGates

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
As far as FB, Twitter and Hotmail, those will all sync with your device once you add them to it. You also have the choice of specifically what to sync within that service and also when/how often it automatically syncs in the background to that particular service's servers.

I'm not 100% sure about your calendar. I'm not a big digital calendar user myself, and choose not to even sync my Google calendar to my device.

Posted via Android Central App

power5

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Yeah this bit, "For its part, Google provides an official app for syncing Outlook calendars to Google Calendar. " The "Google Calendar" text is a link to the page in my last post. https://support.google.com/calendar/topic/13950?rd=1
all that link does it tell me to sync a mobile device and then only an option with android or iphone, no WP.

I do need my outlook calendar since I need to know my work dates and tasks regularly.