Sean Randomson

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi-
I'm not a noob with Android but I am a noob here. I currently have a Samsung slide phone with a proprietary (yuck! :-\) OS on it.
I'm thinking of buying a smartphone (obviously Android) in March, when my Verizon contract expires, but this time I'll be moving to Sprint. Luckily, it looks like I'll be getting pretty much any phone I want for free because I'm switching my number over (except the Note III, which was out of the question anyway).
Anywho, I was looking on their website for possible options.
Here are my top picks:
  • Nexus 5
  • LG G2
  • HTC One
  • Possibly the Moto X
This is in order of what I've found so far to be my favorites.
What I like in a device is up-to-date software (Nexus 5), screen size and power (LG G2), good design (HTC One), and finally a at least close-to-stock experience (Moto X/Nexus 5).

Which do you recommend for me? Price has no factor in it at this point, because remember I'll get them for basically free.

Thanks! :D

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi-
I'm not a noob with Android but I am a noob here. I currently have a Samsung slide phone with a proprietary (yuck! :-\) OS on it.
I'm thinking of buying a smartphone (obviously Android) in March, when my Verizon contract expires, but this time I'll be moving to Sprint. Luckily, it looks like I'll be getting pretty much any phone I want for free because I'm switching my number over (except the Note III, which was out of the question anyway).
Anywho, I was looking on their website for possible options.
Here are my top picks:
  • Nexus 5
  • LG G2
  • HTC One
  • Possibly the Moto X
This is in order of what I've found so far to be my favorites.
What I like in a device is up-to-date software (Nexus 5), screen size and power (LG G2), good design (HTC One), and finally a at least close-to-stock experience (Moto X/Nexus 5).

Which do you recommend for me? Price has no factor in it at this point, because remember I'll get them for basically free.

Thanks! :D

Welcome to the forums.
I love my Moto X on Sprint. Great phone. I am not entirely sure the Nexus will come to Sprint due to a CDMA carrier and it is questionable if the Nexus will have those types of radios. People have been raving over the G2 lately too.

I think the best thing for you to do is hit the stores and play with the devices. Who knows? You may hate the HTC and love the G2? Or vice versa...

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the forums

I'll echo what Golfdriver97 said. Moto X and the LG G2 are both hot sellers abd the latest and greatest.

Good luck & enjoy the forums!

Sent from my HTC ONE using AC Forums mobile app

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It looks like no matter which phone you choose, you'll have a winner.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Welcome. As Golfdriver97 and Paul627g said those are both great phones. It will most likely come down to if you prefer near vanilla Android (MotoX) or a skin (G2). Let us know what you end up with.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk Pro

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums.
I love my Moto X on Sprint. Great phone. I am not entirely sure the Nexus will come to Sprint due to a CDMA carrier and it is questionable if the Nexus will have those types of radios. People have been raving over the G2 lately too.

I think the best thing for you to do is hit the stores and play with the devices. Who knows? You may hate the HTC and love the G2? Or vice versa...

Welcome to the forums! :thumbup::D

I also agree with Golfdriver. I don't think we at Sprint will see the Nexus 5.
Many people have been saying very good things about the moto x and the G2.

Before I got my Galaxy S4 I tried in many stores the HTC One and the GS4.
At the end, the GS4 was the best choice for me.

Go and try the phones you like (and try other phones too, why not?) in the store as much as possible. Also, do a list of pros and cons of them and another list of your needs and what you want from a phone.

That might help you a lot.

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance