Hello, I am kind of new to this forum but I really need help for a problem I have. I bought a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on August. It was working perfectly until, around 2 or 3 weeks later, it began to malfunction. It started with not being able to hear the people who calls me, nor can they hear me, nor could I hear the tone ring. I tested it using the phone on the speaker phone function and I still could hear nothing. I took it to T-Mobile, had the Sim card changed, (checked my own Sim card on another phones and it works), did a factory reset...nothing. They sent it to a place called Brightpoint (which I assume is the technical support) and they said the phone was "damaged by humidity". I didn't agree so I took the phone to a private company who said it is a motherboard. Now, the phone is not even receiving messeges , it has a circle with a diagonal line inside instead of the signal bars. I can make calls perfectly over Wi-Fi apps so my assumption is that it is not a physical problem. Of course, I am not expert so I need an advice, a light, something, anything to get this problem fixed. Any suggestions? Feel free to ask if you don't understand something, I may have not explained well since my English is not my first language.
    -Anaida
    PD: my phone is new and it is not rooted
    11-26-2013 09:28 PM
    Hello, I am kind of new to this forum but I really need help for a problem I have. I bought a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on August. It was working perfectly until, around 2 or 3 weeks later, it began to malfunction. It started with not being able to hear the people who calls me, nor can they hear me, nor could I hear the tone ring. I tested it using the phone on the speaker phone function and I still could hear nothing. I took it to T-Mobile, had the Sim card changed, (checked my own Sim card on another phones and it works), did a factory reset...nothing. They sent it to a place called Brightpoint (which I assume is the technical support) and they said the phone was "damaged by humidity". I didn't agree so I took the phone to a private company who said it is a motherboard. Now, the phone is not even receiving messeges , it has a circle with a diagonal line inside instead of the signal bars. I can make calls perfectly over Wi-Fi apps so my assumption is that it is not a physical problem. Of course, I am not expert so I need an advice, a light, something, anything to get this problem fixed. Any suggestions? Feel free to ask if you don't understand something, I may have not explained well since my English is not my first language.
    -Anaida
    PD: my phone is new and it is not rooted
    Welcome to the forums.
    I am not convinced that anything I can suggest would really help.
    When I got to reading the core of your problem, and I thought it was related to something physical in the phone.
    I would call Samsung and see what they suggest.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app
    11-26-2013 10:07 PM
    Already did, they said I had to check the problem with the carrier, that it was something related to them. Yet the people at my carrier say that they can't do nothing because my warranty was voided due to supposed humidity. :/

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using AC Forums mobile app
    11-26-2013 10:38 PM