Hey everyone. I was hoping that you could help me out. I'm part of Sprint right now, but I'm really thinking of switching soon.

Service has been good, but the bill just seems so high. It is unlimited data, but we don't even use it that much!

I'd be taking a big plunge with switching, which is why I'm seeking help here. Any advice is appreciated.
    12-01-2013 01:16 PM
    Welcome to the forums. How much data do you use?

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app
    12-01-2013 02:57 PM
    Over the past year, all three of us average a little less than 1 GB a month. The funny thing is that I'm only averaging 30 MB, mom's averaging 95 MB, and my sister's averaging nearly 1 GB. She actually went up to 1.5 GB just in the past month. Mom and I use our work's or the house's wifi. My sister uses her phone EVERYWHERE, which would probably explain the near gig she does every month.
    12-01-2013 03:19 PM
    Over the past year, all three of us average a little less than 1 GB a month. The funny thing is that I'm only averaging 30 MB, mom's averaging 95 MB, and my sister's averaging nearly 1 GB. She actually went up to 1.5 GB just in the past month. Mom and I use our work's or the house's wifi. My sister uses her phone EVERYWHERE, which would probably explain the near gig she does every month.
    I think the best thing to do is price the other carriers. It looks like 2 or 3 GB can be used easily.

As for me, I normally go through 3 or 4 GB easily. Everyone is different.

Another thing to look at is sensorly.com. That will show user reported cell signals.

12-01-2013 03:44 PM
    I've never seen this site before. Thanks!

Well, I'm looking at T-Mobile, along with the other no-contract plans. The issue I had was that I would have to pay for the new phones outright UNLESS I do installments on T-Mobile. It doesn't seem so bad, seeing that I've been paying a little over $200 a month for the past year-and-a-half just for the plan. My current plan was suppose to be $169 and change, but Sprint piled on $30 worth of surcharges and government fees. I asked a bunch of people at work on various plans what they were paying, and they weren't paying nearly as much.

It's not so much about data; monthly cost is my biggest concern.
    12-01-2013 04:30 PM
    I only use about 1GB if that and I have a 3GB limit and it works great
    12-01-2013 05:04 PM
    I forgot to mention that I've been promoted at work, from hourly to full-time. If I were to stay with Sprint, I'd be able to better handle the bill, with the unlimited data. And I know that T-Mobile has an unlimited data option, although their signal strength isn't as strong as Sprint's, at least in my area.

But, we just don't use data that much. I don't want to just throw money away on things we don't use. Also, I'm not sure how much T-Mobile adds to the monthly cost with their surcharges (assuming they even have surcharges).

I have about a month to think about this.
    12-02-2013 05:26 AM
    T-Mobile also throttles speeds when you get close to your limit.

12-02-2013 08:11 AM
    you can always get a sim card online or from your local phone retailer.
    12-06-2013 07:13 PM