new to android central.

Whitney Victorine

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I joined here to get some info for my phone and to get some help. I have a Samsung galaxy s3, its been slow for a while and has had some other issues. I use this phone for just about everything so I would really like to get it running good again. If anyone can help I would really appreciate it, I just installed Lookout and it says everything is okay soooo.... I don't know. I was wondering about rooting my phone??

Posted via Android Central App

Whitney Victorine

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
Okay awesome.... My phone just froze up on me again! I had to take the battery out just to get it to shut off. I'm super frustrated with this crap. Where should I go to get the step by step "how to" on the rooting thing so i dont screw my phone up even more?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Okay awesome.... My phone just froze up on me again! I had to take the battery out just to get it to shut off. I'm super frustrated with this crap. Where should I go to get the step by step "how to" on the rooting thing so i dont screw my phone up even more?

Welcome to the forums.
Rooting shouldn't be necessary. You can try clearing cache in recovery first. Here is how: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ing-into-recovery-mode-galaxy-s2-s3-tab2.html

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Okay, I will give that a try and let you know how it goes. Thank you!

Cool. Just quote me. It will get my attention.
It should work quite well. You have a few updates to the OS that are probably all interfering with everything. Clearing of the cache should help a lot.

Whitney Victorine

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
Okay. I just did the reboot and cleared the cache. I honestly dont see a difference considering as im typing my phone is sticking or hesitating. I still had some pop up ads when I turned it back on too...... :(

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Can you explain to me a little more about rooting a phone please? What exactly does it do?

Rooting a phone grants superuser access to the phone. Similar to being a System Administrator on Windows PCs. Rooting allows you to make changed to your phone that the manufacturer typically doesn't want you to. This can be for good reason, as some things that can be done with root access can damage the phone. Overclocking the CPU like the other user suggested can potentially damage the device.

Okay. I just did the reboot and cleared the cache. I honestly dont see a difference considering as im typing my phone is sticking or hesitating. I still had some pop up ads when I turned it back on too...... :(

Are you only seeing the lag (hesitating) when using the keyboard?

Whitney Victorine

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
Okay, good to know about the rooting, that's the info I was looking for. No, my phone seems to lag also when I try to launch a website or apps sometimes, its not doing it all the time. I do have a different keyboard installed that I am using, could that be my issue?

Sent from my SCH-R530M using AC Forums mobile app

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Okay, good to know about the rooting, that's the info I was looking for. No, my phone seems to lag also when I try to launch a website or apps sometimes, its not doing it all the time. I do have a different keyboard installed that I am using, could that be my issue?

The internet part may not be the phone but the connection speed. If you were to connect to a wifi hotspot, say Starbucks when it isn't busy, is it any better?

As for your other issues, the keyboard mainly, which one are you using?

There is one more thing to try. What you may be seeing is something in the RAM. Android like the RAM full, but if a good portion of your RAM is being occupied by apps you aren't using that isn't helping much at all either.
Try this: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ng-apps-galaxy-s3-tab-2-no-root-required.html
Or this: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ambassador-guides-tips-how-tos/325138-guide-how-disable-apps.html

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
To elaborate, these guides are for disabling apps. Now, what i would do is disable the ones you are sure you won't use, and disable ones that you can easily tell if they are not important. A good example is any computer (your phone included) does not need Yahoo! Finance to run. Disable that.

General rule of thumb, if it starts with .com, or has the Android guy as the app icon, leave it alone.

Whitney Victorine

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
The keyboard is called Go Keyboard, it was some free app i found. The wifi thing tho i couldn't tell you because im using my home wifi.

Whitney Victorine

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
Lol... so sorry to keep bumbarding you with questions but I have one more thing to ask about. I have an HP laptop and I have seen a few apps that pretty much say I can share files like music and photos between my HP and my phone and I see apps that should allow me to send photos to my wireless HP printer from my phone, I haven't been able to figure any of it out.... Any suggestions?

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Lol... so sorry to keep bumbarding you with questions but I have one more thing to ask about. I have an HP laptop and I have seen a few apps that pretty much say I can share files like music and photos between my HP and my phone and I see apps that should allow me to send photos to my wireless HP printer from my phone, I haven't been able to figure any of it out.... Any suggestions?

Lol...its ok. That is what the community is about.
I am not totally sure. I would guess it is linked via Bluetooth. If so, you would need to make the PC and phone pair to each other, like you would a headset.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livinlavidaloca