A New Moto X Owner

Eli_B

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Hey all. I'm Eli. I wanted to introduce myself to the Android Central Community. I've been looking at the site for a while now.

Some of you might know me from the Trusted Members group which I am a part of and some of you might know me from the CrackBerry community, both of which I am active in.

I recently felt the need to explore other platforms, and since I already have an iPad Mini, I thought it would be great to also have an Android device, in addition to my BlackBerry Z10. So after some research on some devices that I had an interest in..(it was mainly between the Nexus 5 and the Moto X. Btw....this website came in handy :) ), I decided on the Moto X. So, I latched onto the Cyber Monday deal on the Motorola website and I'm supposed to get my device in a week or two...which is a customized black Moto X 16GB model. I've decided to give myself a 30 day challenge with the Moto X to see how I like the Android Platform.

Nice to meet you all :)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hey, welcome to Android Central! Always good to have diverse perspectives here. Hope you enjoy your X--I'm envious! I'm waiting until March for my much-needed upgrade ...

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central Eli :D
Seems like all I've been seeing is the Moto X recently. Anyone want to trade? :p

Posted via Android Central App

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the forums! Do keep us posted on your experience with the Moto X and if you enjoy the Android platform!

Eli_B

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Hey...

Thanks so much for the warm welcome :)

@srkmagnus, I certainly will keep you posted on how I like the phone/platform. I'll make post them in this thread as time progresses.

I guess my first question would be this:

On my Z10, I have an SD card as well as stuff in my phone's internal storage. When I called Motorola, they told me to download the drivers program for the Moto X, which I did.

Eventually when my phone arrives, how exactly do I get my stuff from my Z10's SD card/internal storage to the Moto? Do I have to copy all to the computer and then copy to the Moto?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Hey...

Thanks so much for the warm welcome :)

@srkmagnus, I certainly will keep you posted on how I like the phone/platform. I'll make post them in this thread as time progresses.

I guess my first question would be this:

On my Z10, I have an SD card as well as stuff in my phone's internal storage. When I called Motorola, they told me to download the drivers program for the Moto X, which I did.

Eventually when my phone arrives, how exactly do I get my stuff from my Z10's SD card/internal storage to the Moto? Do I have to copy all to the computer and then copy to the Moto?

That's probably the easiest way to do it :)
Anything specific you're trying to transfer?

Eli_B

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
@UJ..

Yes. I'd like to transfer my pics mainly and contacts. The pics I'd like to use for Caller ID as well..but I'm guessing that I'd have to manually attach them to each contact.

Do you think the easiest way to transfer my contacts would be to just copy them all to my sim and just pop it in the moto?

I want to apologize in advance to all of the wonderful Mods and Ambassadors on here for the barrage of questions that I'll have.....

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
@UJ..

Yes. I'd like to transfer my pics mainly and contacts. The pics I'd like to use for Caller ID as well..but I'm guessing that I'd have to manually attach them to each contact.

Do you think the easiest way to transfer my contacts would be to just copy them all to my sim and just pop it in the moto?

I want to apologize in advance to all of the wonderful Mods and Ambassadors on here for the barrage of questions that I'll have.....

Don't worry about it. That's why we we're mods/ambassadors :D
If BB has the option to backup photos and contacts to a Google account that would be my choice.
If not, you'd have to go the desktop backup route :\

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Keep in mind the possibility of doing this the long way too. There just might be no other way to do it. However, once done, and all synced to Google, you will never have to worry about it again.

I just though of this: Maybe taking both devices into your carrier store? They may be able to hardware connect the devices to transfer contacts. The worst they can say is they can't do that.

Eli_B

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
@UJ: Okay. Thank you for your solution options :)

@Golf: Taking to my carrier store is not a bad idea. I've thought about that. The Problem tho is that I work long hours and they are usually closed by the time I get home from work (which is usually around 7:30-8:00pm). That's the reason I was asking about doing it myself. I have 1-2 weeks to see how to decide on how to do it :)

Eli_B

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Hey. I've had a chance to play with the new phone a while and I really like it so far.