Hello...maybe you can help? Adventures in Rooting an SCH-I500 Mesmerize...

HennessyHemp

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
First and foremost, hello!

I'm a newbie here and very new to using Odin and rooting my phone...though so far it has felt much like registering a program with a "crack" in some ways.

So I'm trying to trick my Mesmerize into believing it's a Fascinate so I can use my US Cellular number on a Page Plus plan through Kitty Wireless. I was able
to install cwm3_voodoo.tar.md5 with Odin, and I was able to root the phone with SuperUser, but then I tried to convert the rom and ran into trouble.

Now google apps doesn't work including market and Rom Manager, which are oddly named now and look like they reside on the SD card...it's hard to tell which app is which.

Ideally I'll wind up with a working phone on Page Plus, but my knowledge in this arena is extremely limited.

I have Clockwork Mod recovery installed successfully, but when I go to do a wipe and reset it freezes. Can I use Odin to replace the install files for a reset so when it
boots back up it believes it is a Fascinate, and possibly add back a working version of Google Apps? I downloaded GAPPs, and just about everything I could find that
I might need, anyone have any guides or thoughts I should look into?

HennessyHemp

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Okay...so I found this thread: xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM-8/16][KERNEL-8/23][ED05] PowerWashed ED05 ROM [v1.2]

And using that guide I successfully "Fascinated my Mesmerize!"

Now the problem is the phone is still Coded internally to my USCC MIN number, and I can't figure out how to change it. Anyone know how to fix this?

The one thing I've found said to enter ##7764726, and that a password option would come up...unfortunately...no password option comes up.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. Unfortunately, I am not sure what to suggest. I have never modified my phone to think it is something else.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app