Hi! New (~ish) convert to the Android way of doing things!!

Trisman

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi!

I've been wading through the forums for the past several hours, and have got answers to many MANY questions, the knowledge base here is immense!

I've posted (or will be posting) a few questions about Bluetooth implementation within Android, particularly A2DP from Android/Symbian/IoS 'phone to Android tablet (used as a carputer).

I was able to do the latter with Windows CE based tablets used as a car Nav/media centre, but seems it can't be done with Android?

Weird!! It'll do everything else.....

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi!

I've been wading through the forums for the past several hours, and have got answers to many MANY questions, the knowledge base here is immense!

I've posted (or will be posting) a few questions about Bluetooth implementation within Android, particularly A2DP from Android/Symbian/IoS 'phone to Android tablet (used as a carputer).

I was able to do the latter with Windows CE based tablets used as a car Nav/media centre, but seems it can't be done with Android?

Welcome to the forums.
Android connecting to vehicles is going to take a dramatic turn. Several large auto makers have announced some kind of compatibility with Android. I think your Bluetooth implementation is going to be covered with that at the same time.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the Android platform and the forums!

Paul
Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central.

Trisman

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the welcomes! :)

Android connecting to vehicles is going to take a dramatic turn. Several large auto makers have announced some kind of compatibility with Android. I think your Bluetooth implementation is going to be covered with that at the same time.

Any links? Sounds cool...

Trisman

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
First look at Audi's Smart Display, putting Android in your car

Mmm... Thanks, Interesting! But I note that all the communication is via. WiFi, no mention of Bluetooth.. :eek:

My efforts so far:

2014-01-19 15.00.26.jpg

2014-01-19 15.00.10.jpg

I think I'll be adding a parrot unit to the HU, at least for now!

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Mmm... Thanks, Interesting! But I note that all the communication is via. WiFi, no mention of Bluetooth.. :eek:
I think you'll be alright since more and more phones are coming out with WiFi direct nowadays.

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi!

Welcome to AC :)

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluegarland692