New to Forums need some help picking new phone

squirtlover

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone I'm Rob and I'm a huge android fan. I currently have a galaxy note 2...Its an amazing phone. My upgrade has come and being a tech junkie as I am, I NEED a new phone (seriously its a problem) I've been torn between 3 phones out there now.

Galaxy note 3: obvious upgrade. Top of the line specs...top of the line price ($250), great developer support, removable battery and expandable memory

LG G2: Smaller screen still top of the line specs with an amazing camera...internal battery, memory isn't expandable. But its cheap! (only $50) and has some developer support

HTC One max: Last year specs...massive screen big internal battery with expandable memory. price is high (especially for specs) but still $100 less than the note 3. Non existent developers and the camera isn't the best.

What's important to me firstly is screen size and clarity.
I do a lot of browsing/reading/media consumption on my phone.
I NEED a long lasting battery to get me through the day, the ability to swap batteries is really nice.
The camera is important to me, the only shooter i'll have
Expandable memory is a plus.
Price unfortunately is a factor (IF it wasn't i'd already have a note 3)

What do you think?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the Forums!

Sounds like you have a tough choice there in phones.. All good stuff..

You mentioned rooting and custom ROMs. I would like to note that Samsung has its foot down even harder on rooting since the Android 4.3 update came out recently. Its made the task very difficult for most. I think the message is clear that most of the OEM's are sending...

You like to tinker with rooting and custom ROMs... Purchase our Google Edition or Developer Edition models which have easily unlockable bootloaders and have official provided software to return to stock in the event you mess things up.

I'm not saying it isn't possible to root these devices you mentioned but the risks of causing a brick today is much higher than it has been in the past. Then if you do successfully manage to root them the means to remove all signs of rooting " flash counters, tampered tags, etc. " is getting harder to achieve if you need to reset the device to factory to have the device warrantied by the OEM or carrier/store.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. Making a suggestion is a little more difficult without knowing your carrier.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance