sprint samsung galaxy S4

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: sprint samsung galaxie s4

Its 4.42 what ever that means
That would be the latest version of Android, KitKat 4.4.2.

You mentioned having the device unlocked. Are you looking to run custom ROMs on it or have it unlocked so you can put it on a different carrier service?

Erin Heilner

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Im sure as it now the only way to unlock would be call sprint. There is no way to unlock when already on kitkat. Ill look more into it for you. But have yoy try another sim to see if it gives you an error sim message (invaild sim)

Posted via Android Central App

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Im not up on this kit kat thing I have no idea what it is but yes i want to go to another carrier
Well Android 4.4.2 ( KitKat ) is the latest version of Android OS.

Be thankful your device has already received the update. Many others will receive it but it could be months before they get the update. As for switching carriers, I have no experience there. I know many that are looking to get away from the big name carriers in the US go to Boost or Straight Talk.

Keep in mind Sprint is a CDMA based carrier & devices so you can't just move to a GSM based carrier like AT&T or T-Mobile.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
My understanding is that the Sprint s4 has both cdma and gsm radios. I read that if unlocked it would work on tmobile or ATT but h+ only, no 4GLTE
Yes that is correct from what I've read also.. I usually don't mention it due to the fact that you can't get 4G LTE. But if your fine with 3g/ hspa + and WIFI then have at it :)

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Yes that is correct from what I've read also.. I usually don't mention it due to the fact that you can't get 4G LTE. But if your fine with 3g/ hspa + and WIFI then have at it :)

Not sure who the op plans to move to, Some of the cheaper tmo mvnos don't even offer 4GLTE

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Cindy Ganoe1

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
I have sprint samsung galaxie s3 &the s4 i tried boost they wont take these versons yet...in the furture they say.im just so disapointed in these phone companys 1 week this one cheaper than the other than the next week that one cheaper its crazy...like im sure everybody else to i live on budget ..whats good for me should be good for me ..im mad have 2 galaxies cant use them .. my sprint bill was 691.00 $$ and i refuse to pay that kind of phone bill ..and i didnt call long distance..

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
If you got the upgrade yesterday then why not just return the phone? The $691 , what was the breakdown?

Erin Heilner

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
My understanding is that the Sprint s4 has both cdma and gsm radios. I read that if unlocked it would work on tmobile or ATT but h+ only, no 4GLTE

[Q] Can SPRINT Galaxy S4 SPH-L720 be Unlocked & use with GSM/SIM Card? - Page 8 - xda-developers

This is true I use my sprint s4 on ATT hspa+ witch they do claim is 4g (release 8 =4g) btw but its not LTE. to me its a big joke. on att with H+ I still get 30mb witch is way better then my LTE with sprint. 20mbup/7-9mbdown.

Last edited:

Erin Heilner

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Omg really.. you think best buy is going to give me 691.00 for it if so .... its sold

If you bought it from best buy you can return it within 30 days I think. I bought my phone through best buy and replaced it once the first one was defective. But if you updated your phone to 4.4.2 I would take it back and swap it and hope you get one that's on 4.2.2 or 4.3(seen unlock method). but I cant figure out with out being on a diff rom on 4.3 and up how to set the phone on us GSM/wcdma-- att/tmo/straighttalk. if you want to use your phone on boost or any type of cdma network, well if you can get the MSL code you can reprogram your phone to that network. the s3 would be my choice since it doesn't have a sim slot. but the s4 will work also. the MSL is easy to get just call sprint and say you need to reprogram your phone on the network and need msl to re enter MDN/MSID. tell them that you did a profile update and the phone died while updating and now it shows 000-000-1234 as my phone number. can't call or anything. tell them you know how to do it yourself and just want the info and be about your way.

edit:
also lol easier way to get MSL. call sprint and tell them you need to ##RTN# Return To New. that needs the MSL.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante