Hey there ^_^

TrikkJames

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Just wanted to meet some Android fans. I think of myself as a public figure, like to be thought of as a gamer, but probably am just an Android fanboy most of the time.

My dream currently is to own a Nexus 5 and a Chromebook. What I currently have is the LG Optimus V and an Acer Aspire 5000. Yup, sad little devices. But at least I'm rooted and ROM'd.

I'd like to say I know a lot about Android but probably don't know squat about actual development for it.

Anyway I love conversation and making great friends so don't be afraid to talk to me. I have some official websites and of course social networks.

Hit me up ^_^

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Chromebooks are falling in price--if you're ok with the first generation processors (i.e., non-Haswell), you can often find refurbished models on deal sites like Groupon, 1sale.com, and Dailysteals.com for around $120.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
If anyone could help me get one I'd be in their debt for a very long time.

Where are you located?

Edit: Oops, I hit send before I was through typing. :) What country, was what I meant. I'd just get it from the play store if you can, when you can. I have been seriously starting to think of maybe getting a second one just to keep in reserve in case the recent rumors about the Nexus line disappearing in 2015 are true.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

TrikkJames

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Where are you located?

Edit: Oops, I hit send before I was through typing. :) What country, was what I meant. I'd just get it from the play store if you can, when you can. I have been seriously starting to think of maybe getting a second one just to keep in reserve in case the recent rumors about the Nexus line disappearing in 2015 are true.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

lol United States. Google Play less than Amazon? I wouldn't think so unless there was activation involved. I don't plan on activating.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
lol United States. Google Play less than Amazon? I wouldn't think so unless there was activation involved. I don't plan on activating.

Google Play is the cheapest place to get them brand new. Carrier stores and Best Buy sell them for $100 more than on the Play Store.
You can check Swappa if you don't mind getting a used one :)

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running Slim Bean 4.3

TrikkJames

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Google Play is the cheapest place to get them brand new. Carrier stores and Best Buy sell them for $100 more than on the Play Store.

I'ma do that. (research not buy lol) Good lord I wish I had money.

TrikkJames

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site

Okay so Play for $399 Amazon for $405 and Swappa for at least $380. I don't know if Play let's you buy without activating... But I guess it doesn't matter seeing as how I'm broke.

I am skilled though. Can offer the community a lot if I was able to get one. I'll work for the money lol

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Okay so Play for $399 Amazon for $405 and Swappa for at least $380. I don't know if Play let's you buy without activating... But I guess it doesn't matter seeing as how I'm broke.

I am skilled though. Can offer the community a lot if I was able to get one. I'll work for the money lol

You can buy them from Play without having to prove any contracts with carriers. It would be up to you if you want to activate it.
You can check eBay too. You want the 32 GB right?

TrikkJames

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
You can buy them from Play without having to prove any contracts with carriers. It would be up to you if you want to activate it.
You can check eBay too. You want the 32 GB right?

Yes, actually would love more but eh there's no way to double the space unless I get it first to mod it.

TrikkJames

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Hmm... eBay reminded me of something.

What if I "sold" a Nexus 5 on eBay, and waited until I had the money, then sent the buyer the Nexus 5 whenever I got it? (and take the profit). Eh, probably would take a while to build enough profit for a whole device.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Hmm... eBay reminded me of something.

What if I "sold" a Nexus 5 on eBay, and waited until I had the money, then sent the buyer the Nexus 5 whenever I got it? (and take the profit). Eh, probably would take a while to build enough profit for a whole device.

That might have worked when the N5 was released. I saw them going for $500+ because they were sold out for a few days.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freyon77