New Nexus 7 owner

dwat191

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Hello all. Searching all threads (well, kinda) for tips and ideas. First problem--can't delete PDF files (no trashcan icon--what's up with that?).

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. :) How are you attempting to delete the files ? in the Downloads app, in a PDF reader app, or in a file browser app?

dwat191

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
I'm certain I don't have the big picture yet. I download a file (options given were Quickoffice or Kindle), then want to delete. It does not exist in Downloads or Drive (which I have not figured out yet) and QuickOffice gives no delete option. Whew. It's never easy.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I responded in your separate thread that some apps have their own download folder. I wouldn't be surprised if Quickoffice or Kindle had their own download folder, although I haven't tried them myself. Use a file manager like ES File Manager to search for app-specific download folders.

EDIT: Ok, just tested out with Quickoffice. If you create a document on Quickoffice, it will ask you if you want to save it on Drive or in Downloads. If you picked Drive, then it would have saved in your Google Drive in the cloud, and wouldn't be in the Downloads folder. If you chose Downloads, then you should be able to access it by opening the Downloads app. Please note--if you're accessing the Downloads folder from within Quickoffice (by tapping the folder icon at the top), then you CANNOT delete the file there. You have to open the actual Downloads app in order to delete a file.

dwat191

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
This isn't a document, it's a pdf file. It (and other pdf files) appear when I open quickoffice and I can't make them go away. There is nothing in my download app. Thanks for trying though!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
This isn't a document, it's a pdf file. It (and other pdf files) appear when I open quickoffice and I can't make them go away. There is nothing in my download app. Thanks for trying though!

When you open QuickOffice, where do you see those PDFs? On the initial QuickOffice screen, tap Open File folder icon, which opens Downloads by default. Is that where you see the PDFs? Swipe in from the left--the only locations I can open files from are Recent, Drive, and Downloads. Is that what you see? In which of those locations do you see the PDFs?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the forums! Take a look at your Drive account as suggested by D. Diddy - Let us know if you have further questions.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer