hello all!! From the Pacific Northwest....a question about overseas travel and charging??

djmaher

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm brand new to Android Central, and I'm not sure where to ask my question about charging my battery for my various devices.

I will be traveling this summer to Turkey, and then France. Possible destinations in between. Anyway, I have a 2013 Nexus 7, and well as an unlocked Galaxy Exhilarate, and a S3 mini, also unlocked.

I know they share the same connector, but I'm curious about a couple of things...

Will one charger work for all three, and if so, which one might be the best? I kind of trade around chargers here at home, but, frankly, I'm not sure if there is a voltage issue because of possible differences with the respective chargers. I'm always a little concerned when I charge at home, but I've not explored the concern thoroughly. I don't want to burn up any of my devices here in the USA just because I used the wrong charger, and I do not know how adaptable each device is to using different charging sources.

Are my chargers already multi voltage, for overseas use, with the appropriate adapter plug? I imagine they are, but, again, I'm a bit unsure.

Also, USB charging likely will not be a likelihood, or, at least, I don't want to count on it.

Anyway, any advice on traveling with my devices would be greatly appreciated. This will be my 1st time out of the country.

As a side note, I do have an iPod, with wall charger. Does that factor in as an option of some kind?

Thank you in advance for your help!! Feel free to move my question to another forum. I just wasn't sure where to post my questions.

Dave

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! As long as all devices have the same micro USB port, one charger should work for all of them. Most chargers these days are 110-240V, so they should work fine abroad without a converter--you'll just need an adapter for the prongs. Check the fine print on the charger to confirm the voltage. I know that the 2012 Nexus 7 charger is 110-240V: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...us/?playredirect=true&hl=en-US&token=VkBd7ycU

Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!! Have a good trip, and if you would like, post pictures when you get back!!

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to AC!
This 👇
Welcome to Android Central! As long as all devices have the same micro USB port, one charger should work for all of them. Most chargers these days are 110-240V, so they should work fine abroad without a converter--you'll just need an adapter for the prongs. Check the fine print on the charger to confirm the voltage. I know that the 2012 Nexus 7 charger is 110-240V: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...us/?playredirect=true&hl=en-US&token=auP1q52N

Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.
And also this 👇
Welcome to the forums!! Have a good trip, and if you would like, post pictures when you get back!!

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty