Need Help with Picking A New Phone

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I currently have an iPhone 3GS and Iphone 4. I switch back and forth. I vowed never to use apple phones but I got one for a present after my samsung blackjack 2 stopped working. My contract with at&t is almost due for an upgrade and I was wondering which phone is the best? I'm not an iphone fan boy like some people. My wife has the samsung galaxy 3 and she loves it so I decided with the Note 3 galaxy 5 or the nokia 1520. Any help would be awesome thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Wow, you don't see iPhone 3's around that much any more!:)

There are so many great and varied Android devices out there that the best one for you will depend on what's important to you. I could rattle off some of the better phones out there (Nexus 5, Moto X & G, Galaxy S5, HTC One M8, LG G2 & G3), but they all have their respective strengths and weaknesses. Tell us a little more about what you want in a phone.

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Well, I ordered dummy phones off eBay cheap just to try them out like size wise. Something like the HTC max size. Also I've tried the LG G2 and I like the size, the G3 looks hardcore. I need something big. Since I watch videos and such. Yea, I take care of my phones and I couldn't get rid if my very first iphone.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The LG G3 looks absolutely killer on paper, and preliminary reviews also make it sound like the new king of the hill. The Galaxy Note 3 is also a good choice if you want a lot of screen real estate.

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central. The Note3 would be my suggestion if your looking for screen real estate. It's an excellent device IMHO.....ENJOY

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the forums! Get whichever device is going to meet your needs and feels the best to use on a daily basis. Screen sizes can vary, as does the over-all shape and design of the devices currently available.

If you can wait it out, it might be worthwhile to take a look at the G3 once it hits AT&T.

Kilroy13

Banned
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
You should check out the LG G-FLEX! Love mine and the 6 inch screen is amazing!

SENT VIA MY LG G-FLEX ON SPRINT, POSTED BY ANDROID CENTRALS APP....LIFE IS GOOD✌

sydneycooper1979

Moderator Sergeant at Arms
Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
The G3 looks amazing but you can't beat the price on the G2. The G2 is still a monster and is an incredible value.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
I love the flex, but I'm also torn between the HTC one or one max and Lg g3. I've been up all night researching. I really don't like the new samsung. I loved my blackjack 2.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums! 🙋
If you like to watch TV and movies on your new phone and you like the Note 3, I would say get that phone.

You can also go with the LG G3 or wait until the Note 4 comes out.

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

ahj4513

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Are updates important for you? OS optimization important for you? Go with iPhone.

Is customization important for you? Do gimmicks interest you? Go with Android. I love my galaxy s5 that I recently got. The battery life of flagship smartphones are better than that of iphone. It's mainly due to their higher charge capacity. Also, I could change default apps on android, which sometimes makes the use of phone more convenient(google voice and other similar apps). However, there is a downside of Android. A lot of times, even flagship android phones have the latest Android OS update delayed for months. And, if the update patches a security hole in the previous version and you are still using that previous version, you will remain exposed to that security threats until your OEM and carrier release the newest OS update.

You may get bored by iOS after a while, but the OS optimization is far better than that of Android.

On the other hand, if you know how to gain root access on your android smartphone, you should be able to update your phone using the vanilla google update.

So the suggestions for you from me are:
iOS. iPhone 5S, iPhone 6(coming soon)
Android. Galaxy S5, HTC One M8, LG G3, oneplus one

Sent from Space Gray design marvel of 2013

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
I like the iphone battery life. But I'm bored with Apple. I like the G3. But I wish I knew what the iphone 6 looked like. A bigger screen is what I'd like and the G3 has that and a nice camera. I get disappointed with my iphone camera.

duebex

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
I use an iPhone but if I were to switch to Android today, I would go HTC One M8 or G3. I like the M8 for it's build quality but the G3 has killer specs. However, a lot of the Android phones now have similar specs with not much between them, I'm sure you'll love whatever you choose.

ybcthanerd

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
tha note 3 size difference is not a huge issue its a great phone with a lot of great features, tha s5 is als great beautiful display closer sreen size to ur iphone. tha 1520 is an ok phone i jus never recomend wp cause their app market is so far behind they have a lot of catching up to do a lot of major apps dont support wp u can get 3rd parties but its not tha same. but wutever ur choice go check out target mobile we always have cheaper prices on phones