I just wanted to introduce myself as I will be lurking/reading and asking questions if I can't find answers!

I'm Beth and I'm moving "up" from the LG Venus to a Samsung Fascinate. I've been researching various phones for about a month and have gone into the Verizon store a few times to play with the phones. I'm going in today to get my phone and I'm really excited about it!

Now I'm to peruse the forums a bit more to make a list of things I should or should not have Verizon do when I get the phone.

Thanks to everyone for the reviews and wonderful info on the various phones. They've been very helpful in helping me make my decision.

Beth
    Dynamite360g likes this.
    10-20-2010 10:27 AM
    Definitely don't have Verizon do ANYTHING when you get the phone. Have them activate it, bring it home, and look on these forums, in the app reviews, and on YouTube to figure out what you should do to/with it.

Enjoy your phone!! I too went from an LG (Dare) to a Droid back in March.. had a bunch of trouble with them but got a Fascinate on its launch day. I am absolutely in love with it. Great phone!!

I'm Lindsey- let me know if you have any questions. I'm happy to help around here where I can.

My only piece of advice I'll initially give is to read up on how to preserve your battery life. There are tons of little tweaks you can do to make your phone last longer during the day.

- Airplane Mode when you don't need any sort of data transfer (ie in a movie, in class, etc)
    - Wifi Mode instead of 3G when you have a strong connection (ie work or home)
    - No live wallpapers (unless you absolutely love them, they look nice in the Fascinate)
    - Brightness: make sure you turn it down as low as you can stand it. The display is a major battery drainer.

Those are the biggies and all I can think of right now. And open up your Task Manager every once in awhile to close apps you aren't using currently. The more apps that run, the laggier and slower your phone's going to be.

Have fun, and enjoy Android!
    Dynamite360g likes this.
    10-20-2010 10:41 AM
    ^^^ Excellent advice!

Welcome to the forums, stunatadonna!
    Dynamite360g and packerbacker like this.
    10-20-2010 01:34 PM
    ^^^ Excellent advice!
    Thanks, Cory! Just thought I'd pass along my wisdom.
    10-20-2010 09:56 PM
    Thanks for the welcomes and the advice! I've been so enthralled with my new toy I couldn't get on the computer! LoL

I didn't let them do anything except activate the phone. They did want to install something called Task Killer, but I said "no, thank you anyway."

Still trying to figure some things out. I think I might actually crack open that manual thingy that came with it!

Thanks again for the advice!

Beth
    10-20-2010 10:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD