Hi there,
    I am a WP user but will be coming over to Android when my contact is up at the end of the month. WP probably doesn't get all the credit it deserves but there are so many apps I need for my business that are missing and will probably never arrive. I live in New Zealand, which is a small market, so WP is a small market within a small market! So far as a device goes I am looking at an S5 or z2/3. I do need a decent camera and I heard that the Xperia cameras are disappointing?
    I am just going to hang about on these forums and get up to speed on Android before shifting over
    10-03-2014 09:30 PM
    Welcome Stephen! If you're needing a phone for business with a good camera maybe consider the Note 4 as well. With the larger screen, multitasking and the S Pen I think you may be well served with that one! In the meantime don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have that might help clarify things as you decide!

Sent from my Moto X (2nd Generation) using Tapatalk
    Stephen Vogel likes this.
    10-03-2014 09:32 PM
    Hi there,
    I am a WP user but will be coming over to Android when my contact is up at the end of the month. WP probably doesn't get all the credit it deserves but there are so many apps I need for my business that are missing and will probably never arrive. I live in New Zealand, which is a small market, so WP is a small market within a small market! So far as a device goes I am looking at an S5 or z2/3. I do need a decent camera and I heard that the Xperia cameras are disappointing?
    I am just going to hang about on these forums and get up to speed on Android before shifting over
    Welcome to the forums.
    A lot of people like the S5, but another option is the LG G3? Have you considered that one?
    10-03-2014 09:52 PM
    Welcome to Android Central
    Sony actually makes fantastic cameras. Samsung is pretty good as well, but low light performance isn't the best. The Z3's is probably going to be better in that perspective (as well as battery life). But the S5 does have a better screen, so that's something to consider as well.
    Either should be a nice upgrade over Windows though
    10-03-2014 10:01 PM
    Welcome to Android Central!
    10-04-2014 02:51 AM
    Welcome to the forums at Android Central! 🙋

I have the Galaxy S5, the camera is great!

But if you need the phone for business, I agree with mumfoau; the Note 4 is the best choice.

Now if you can't get the Note 4 soon enough in New Zealand, maybe you could get your hands on a Note 3.
    10-04-2014 07:38 AM
    Thanks, I suspect the Note may be too big for my daily use but I will certainly try and get my hands on one and see how it feels. Lord knows how much it will cost though, probably 40% more than an S 5 as a guess!
    10-04-2014 07:51 PM
    The LG looks nice but it's not available through any of our carriers at present
    10-04-2014 07:52 PM
    The LG looks nice but it's not available through any of our carriers at present
    Bummer.
    The G3 is a very nice device.
    As long as you are happy with your choice, that is all that matters.
    Welcome.

Mav.

Sent from the future on my Sprint Tri-Band LG G3.
    srkmagnus and DudeThatsErin like this.
    10-04-2014 08:02 PM
    Welcome to the forums!

It's your device and you'll be the one using it. Get what works for you and don't mind what others say/think about it.
    10-04-2014 08:28 PM

Posted via the Android Central App with my Galaxy S5
    10-04-2014 10:44 PM
    10-05-2014 10:54 PM
    Just wondering, what Windows Phone are you coming from?
    Sent from my Nokia 909 using Tapatalk
    10-07-2014 12:25 AM
    Instead of starting a new thread, I decided to make my welcome here since I have also come from Windows Phone (L1020).

Got my Nexus 5 a few weeks ago and LOVE IT! Very happy i made the switch, super excited about Android L.

Welcome former WP brother...and Hello android clan!
    10-07-2014 03:49 PM
    Instead of starting a new thread, I decided to make my welcome here
    In the instance of introducing yourself, you are perfectly welcome to make a new thread. But Welcome all the same.
    chezm likes this.
    10-07-2014 08:37 PM
    Hi,
    I am coming from a 925 which is not a bad phone at all.
    10-13-2014 05:45 AM
    Instead of starting a new thread, I decided to make my welcome here since I have also come from Windows Phone (L1020).

Got my Nexus 5 a few weeks ago and LOVE IT! Very happy i made the switch, super excited about Android L.

Welcome former WP brother...and Hello android clan!
    Welcome aboard. Good to know you don't have any regrets about making the switch
    Golfdriver97 and chezm like this.
    10-13-2014 05:46 AM
    Welcome aboard. Good to know you don't have any regrets about making the switch
    Thanks and none whats so ever, now its been over a month with the phone and every single day i am really happy with the decision i made. Everything works, its super fast, I have all the apps i want (and need!) and in terms of functionality the only other phone I had that worked AS GOOD as this was my iPhone 5S...but this is a MUCH better experience overall. I am very happy Android has changed A LOT from 4.0 to 4.4.4...its a huge difference and fixed many of the complaints I had with my GS3. Eagerly awaiting Android L.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    10-15-2014 10:11 AM
    Thanks and none whats so ever, now its been over a month with the phone and every single day i am really happy with the decision i made. Everything works, its super fast, I have all the apps i want (and need!) and in terms of functionality the only other phone I had that worked AS GOOD as this was my iPhone 5S...but this is a MUCH better experience overall. I am very happy Android has changed A LOT from 4.0 to 4.4.4...its a huge difference and fixed many of the complaints I had with my GS3. Eagerly awaiting Android L.
    Nexus 5 should get Lollipop pretty quick.

Sent from an AOSP M8
    chezm likes this.
    10-15-2014 04:22 PM
    Welcome to the dark side!
    10-22-2014 11:42 PM