Hello,

After using Windows Phone for over a year, I have returned to Android with the purchase of an LG G3 and a Moto 360 smart watch. Don't get me wrong, I love the Windows Phone UI, but Windows Phone is in transition from Nokia to Microsoft, and new high end devices will not be coming soon enough to satisfy my needs. I needed a 5.5' screen now, capability of utilizing the voice assistant feature without having to press a button, mature notification center, and high screen resolution to be able to read small PDF text comfortably. I use my cell phone primarily for business, and I really needed those features for my on-the-go work. A WP that meets my needs is probably 7-8 months away, and I needed a phone with those features now!

So I'm back! Thankfully I already had apps from my previous Android experience, so I did not have to start with my new phone from scratch. The transition was as simple and entering my old account in the Google Play Store and re-downloading my old apps.

I still don't know how long I'll stay with Android this time around. I am also a previous Iphone owner, but I had no desire to go back to the restrictive world of IOS, and unless Windows does anything substantial, it makes no sense to go back any time soon (despite my love for their UI). So you can count me in the Android camp for the foreseeable future...maybe We shall see.
    11-18-2014 09:57 AM
    Welcome to the forums. What was your previous Android phone?
    11-18-2014 11:12 AM
    Welcome to the forums. What was your previous Android phone?
    I had an XTC One X. It was an excellent phone, until I stupidly dropped it at the dock side into 18 feet of water while getting into a boat. I got a Nokia Lumia 520 in a hurry as I needed my hands on a phone and could not afford to spend much at that particular moment when the incident happened (and I wanted to try a WP anyways). I got the Nokia Lumia 635 when it came out (July, 2014) as I desperately needed any upgrade, and I had postponed getting a decent phone for far too long. It was nice, but it wasn't everything I needed, so I finally did what I had to do and got the LG G3, given Windows doesn't have what I need right now.
    11-18-2014 02:01 PM
    Welcome back to Android! Maybe we can convince you to stay this time.
    11-20-2014 12:43 AM
    Hello and welcome back to Android! 🙋
    Enjoy the forums!
    11-20-2014 01:27 PM
    Yes, I'm a Windows Phone user as well and can understand your comments. Welcome!☺

Posted via Android Central App
    11-21-2014 01:55 PM
    Welcome to the forums! Android has come a long way, as you probably can tell. Let us know how everything is going and if you have questions!
    11-22-2014 09:46 PM
    Welcome back to the world of Android. I also have a G3 (previous to that a Galaxy S4, and before that I had a Galaxy Nexus)

Lots of great information on this site (and others) about the G3.
    11-22-2014 10:31 PM
    Welcome to Android Central!
    11-30-2014 01:53 PM