Hey everyone,

Little background story:
    As of yesterday I finally ordered my very first Android phone and I am quite excited. I started off with an iPhone 4, then went to a 4s. After about 3 years with iPhone I decided to try a windows phone, so I purchased the Nokia Lumia 920 on launch day. I truly enjoyed my experience with Windows Phone 8 and the Lumia itself had a very good build quality. About 9 Months ago my 920 decided to jump out of my hand and crash into the ground resulting in the screen completely shattering. So then I went with the Lumia 1520 "phablet". My wife and I both have the 1520 and Windows 8.1 and it has been nothing but sluggish, and buggy for both of us.

So after years of shying away from android I finally made the leap and ordered an S6 Edge for my wife and I. AT&T said it will arrive on April 10th so until then I am just anxiously awaiting the arrival of what I believe will be my best phone yet.
    03-29-2015 12:10 AM
    Welcome to Android! You sure chose a spectacular phone to jump over to.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-29-2015 12:22 AM
    Welcome to AC.
    03-29-2015 12:30 AM
    Welcome to Android! You sure chose a spectacular phone to jump over to.

Welcome to AC.
    Thanks guys. can't wait to see what android can really do. It'll be nice to not be limited to the windows phone market place.
    03-29-2015 12:44 AM
    Hello Nice!🙋 Welcome aboard, and be sure to join in our relatively new - but already flourishing - S6 Edge forum. Enjoy!

03-29-2015 05:39 AM
    Hey everyone,

Little background story:
    As of yesterday I finally ordered my very first Android phone and I am quite excited. I started off with an iPhone 4, then went to a 4s. After about 3 years with iPhone I decided to try a windows phone, so I purchased the Nokia Lumia 920 on launch day. I truly enjoyed my experience with Windows Phone 8 and the Lumia itself had a very good build quality. About 9 Months ago my 920 decided to jump out of my hand and crash into the ground resulting in the screen completely shattering. So then I went with the Lumia 1520 "phablet". My wife and I both have the 1520 and Windows 8.1 and it has been nothing but sluggish, and buggy for both of us.

So after years of shying away from android I finally made the leap and ordered an S6 Edge for my wife and I. AT&T said it will arrive on April 10th so until then I am just anxiously awaiting the arrival of what I believe will be my best phone yet.
    Welcome to Android Central. Let us know what you think of your new phone.

From an AOSP M8
    03-29-2015 07:41 AM
    I look forward to hearing out the S6 Edge goes for you. It was on my list, but I just wanted to try pure Android for a while, and I don't think I will ever buy a phone on contract or Next again, just buy them outright. It offers more flexibility.
    03-29-2015 08:58 AM
    Wow, it surprises me there are still people who haven't tried android.

Good luck with your first experience. Post questions if/when you have them.

Posted via Android Central App
    03-29-2015 09:01 AM
    Welcome to Android Central and Mobile Nations.

Mav.
    03-29-2015 08:54 PM
    Welcome to Android Central and Mobile Nations.

Mav.
    Thank you!

Wow, it surprises me there are still people who haven't tried android.

Good luck with your first experience. Post questions if/when you have them.

Posted via Android Central App
    I was ignorant and wrongly set in my ways for years. I jumped on the iPhone bandwagon and after my opinion of apple soured I decided to go against the grain and give windows a try. 3rd times the charm though!
    03-29-2015 10:38 PM
    You tried the rest, welcome to the best !
    03-29-2015 10:42 PM
    Welcome to Android Central!
    03-30-2015 03:12 AM
    Hello and welcome to Android and to the forums at Android Central! 🙋

You've made the right and best decision!

What colors did you and your wife order?
    03-30-2015 06:48 AM
    Nice choice.... welcome to the forums.
    03-30-2015 12:11 PM
    1520 to S6 edge....nice....you really like the top end devices, don't ya!
    03-30-2015 05:18 PM
    Hello and welcome to Android and to the forums at Android Central!

You've made the right and best decision!

What colors did you and your wife order?
    We both decided to go with Black. We've both had colored phones in the past and at the end of the day I feel like black is a more timeless look, as well as it being a pretty safe bet that it will look good on 99% of devices.

1520 to S6 edge....nice....you really like the top end devices, don't ya!
    Ha well, if i'm going to have to handle something every day for the next year I'd rather spend a bit more and get the best.
    STARGATE likes this.
    03-31-2015 02:19 AM
    Great choice. I am on the fence about the S6 vs S6 Edge, even canceled my pre-order until I can try it out more. I have time, but just wish it wasn't so hard to choose.
    03-31-2015 08:43 PM
    Great choice. I am on the fence about the S6 vs S6 Edge, even canceled my pre-order until I can try it out more. I have time, but just wish it wasn't so hard to choose.
    I was a bit hesitant at first but this is how I look at it: If I buy the S6 I MIGHT wish I would have gone with the Edge instead. But I can't imagine buying the edge and wishing I had just gone with the S6. For about a hundred bucks more why not!
    03-31-2015 09:51 PM
    Why!? Why? :what:
    04-02-2015 06:57 AM
    I was a bit hesitant at first but this is how I look at it: If I buy the S6 I MIGHT wish I would have gone with the Edge instead. But I can't imagine buying the edge and wishing I had just gone with the S6. For about a hundred bucks more why not!
    I also think that same thing.
    Unfortunately, I also think, I could get the 64GB regular S6 for the price of the 32GB S6 Edge!

Decisions, decisions!
    04-02-2015 07:00 AM
    Well I bit the bullet last night and placed my pre-order again AND ordered my accessories from Amazon.com which will be here tomorrow. Of course the phone won't be until next Friday. I mean really AT&T, T-Mo is shipping early, get off your ****.
    04-02-2015 08:02 PM
    Well I bit the bullet last night and placed my pre-order again AND ordered my accessories from Amazon.com which will be here tomorrow. Of course the phone won't be until next Friday. I mean really AT&T, T-Mo is shipping early, get off your ****.
    Luckily (?) I don't get home till April 9th so I shouldn't have to wait very long after I get back to have my new phone. The suspense is killing me though. I've been sitting at work for the last week just reading reviews, and trolling the forums. Can't come soon enough.
    04-02-2015 11:22 PM
    That is a fortunate thing for you in that you will be out of town until just before it arrives. Daily I watch my email for shipping info, nada. Of course I will have the ZenFone 2 to play with as well plus I have a work phone so that 3 phones 1 tablet on me.
    04-04-2015 07:58 PM