I recently bought my first ever smart phone (Before at my old job I had a company phone which was always an outdated flip phone). I have lots of learning to do and this forum had lots of information and lots of members. I had some questions so I posted a few times in the 'Ask A Question Section'. 6 times actually. Every single time they had lots of views (50, 80 sometimes over 100) but not one single response was given to any of my questions. Nothing. All the threads above and below had answers and solutions, but not mine. The weren't all posted at once and the posts were spread over a couple of weeks.

I ended up finding a solution for some of them on another forum after people there went out of their way to help. For the ones still outstanding I still received responses and people offering to help and look into them. I was afraid maybe the thing I had asked for help on were impossible or not feasible but I was assured this was not the case and they were simple and easy.

In any case I'm out and will not be returning here. For a place that purports to have such helpful members that is certainly not the case. Just remember that you all were all once new to Android too and probably had a lot of "newbie" questions when you started out.
    04-19-2015 03:09 PM
    So, you registered to complain that your questions didn't get answered but you posted 6 times as a guest? I'm not saying that posting as a guest is going to deter people from responding but I can tell you that I've responded to several threads posted by guests and my response (as the 2nd post in the thread) was the last, even though I had asked questions so the question could be answered better, they never came back to see if they got a response.

Please keep in mind, forums like this get posted on primarily by unpaid volunteers. Also keep in mind that that "ask a question" forum is VERY busy and gets LOTS of posts so those 50 or 100 that looked might not have been able to help and by the time someone that might have been able to help came along the post had dropped off the first page. You might have benefitted from posting in the forum specifically for your device as it's slower and the people that visit there are most capable of answering questions specific to your device (though it may take longer).
    B. Diddy, Ry and belodion like this.
    04-19-2015 03:32 PM
    I'm sorry that you had a bad experience with that feature. Our volunteers and community members do try to help on all of the issues that they can, however there are thousands of new threads a day and I'm sure that you can understand occasionally that can be overwhelming. Without knowing what your questions are/were, I can't comment on the complexity of your queries. We will definitely take your feedback to our ambassador teams - it would be helpful if you could post links to your questions, as currently I'd be unable to use them as examples.

Of the 496 (currently) unanswered threads, it appears that the oldest is about 5 days old. So to me, if you have examples of unanswered threads that aren't being scooped up in our report used to target posts such as yours, we could take that to the admins to improve our site's capabilities and our ambassador utilization.
    belodion, B. Diddy, hallux and 2 others like this.
    04-19-2015 03:37 PM
    Yes, I was about to say, but hallux has already said, it would have been better to register so that you could post in the forum for your own device.
    Stay with us, why don't you? You'd be welcome to. Being an active member rather than guest-posting is much the best way.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-19-2015 03:38 PM
    Sorry to hear your experience didn't meet your expectations, but in all fairness this is a user driven community, I know many, many, many members do what they can to help any and all posts and questions. First thing I do each day is check Intro section for new users, Unanswered Questions, and Ask A Question, before I even start into the main thread section. But we only can do what we can do.

Your questions may have been something many users could answer or it may have been the way you asked the question. Why don't post links to those six questions so we see what you specifically asked and try to help.
    04-19-2015 04:38 PM
    In addition to what everyone else said, aside from me, not everyone here knows every single thing in the world (if you don't recognize sarcasm, that was an example of it), so while 50 or 60 people may have read your posts, some of them may have read them because they have the same problem or question and wanted to see if you were asking the same thing (3 people asking the same thing just wastes database space) and some of them may have read the question, then decided that, although the topic looked like something they could answer, when they saw the details they really couldn't. And we don't have threads with 500 "I don't know either" posts.

I'm glad you found a forum that could answer your question (XDA, maybe?), but there are some things that no one here actually knows.
    B. Diddy and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-19-2015 06:56 PM
    There are (as of this morning at 10 am CDT) 6,421 unanswered AAQ threads, roughly 16.75% of the total (ballpark 37,000+ threads) on AAQ. As Ambassador Team Leader, I am responsible for the amount of unanswered threads in that forum.

Not every Ambassador will know every answer, like Rukbat said. The incoming trend is roughly 350 threads per day. Like the others said, I am sorry your question wasn't answered, but it is easy for a question to get buried, and quickly. It is also possible that the 100 views of the thousands of users on the site, did not know the answer.

To echo what Assassin Droid said, please either link or repost your question, and I will look it over and give an answer if I can.

From an AOSP M8
    B. Diddy and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-19-2015 07:09 PM
    You know, I might have been busy taking care of patients in the hospital when those questions appeared, so I'm so sorry I wasn't able to answer them.

My fellow Ambassadors and Moderators have already said all that really needs to be said about this topic. But it's worth reiterating that this is a community, not a tech support site. We all volunteer our time and knowledge (whether we're Ambassadors, Moderators, or regular members) to try to help others, but also just to have discussions and have a generally good time. Perhaps the fact that no one answered your previous questions is indicative that we need more help--so now that you're registered, please partake in all of the discussions and help us out!
    Golfdriver97 and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-19-2015 08:29 PM
    Hello lambada, I'm sorry you couldn't get more help.
    However, I agree with the others on their answers.

On regards to the quote below, we have never forgotten and will always have more to learn.

I hope you come back and find out for yourself that there's always someone willing to help and go out of their way in order to do that.

Heck, we all do actually!
    We are volunteers with a life outside of this site.
    With all the issues, problems and drama like any other human being.
    Except for B.Diddy, we suspect he's a robot, or an alien, or has many clones.

Just remember that you all were all once new to Android too and probably had a lot of "newbie" questions when you started out.
    04-19-2015 08:44 PM
    Except for B.Diddy, we suspect he's a robot, or an alien, or has many clones.
    All of the above. The alien robot clone apocalypse is coming, human.
    04-19-2015 09:35 PM
    All of the above. The alien robot clone apocalypse is coming, human.
    Ooooppsss!!! He he
    04-21-2015 12:07 AM