I am wanting to upgrade to an android phone. I have been waiting since November because of all the talk of new phones. Now I am just wondering if all the new phones coming out will be 4g. I really don't want to pay for 4g if I can't get it here. I am leaning toward getting the Droid X. Opinions, please!!!
    01-06-2011 10:39 AM
    Well the new Droid Bionic that was announced on verizon seem slike a best of a phone. Id suggest you wait for that, but thats my opinion. Wait till later today verizon has their CES confrence later.
    01-06-2011 11:00 AM
    The Bionic is 4G....The Droid X is a good phone but it's whatever you like.
    plsm likes this.
    01-06-2011 11:08 AM
    Hi, plsm.
    Welcome to the forums...
    I'm pretty sure there are a lot android phones to choose from. The Droid X is a good phone, but I'll suggest you read up on other phones as well.

Good luck on the decision you make.
    plsm likes this.
    01-06-2011 11:11 AM
    You can't go wrong with droidx or waiting. Its really up to you. If 4g is not in your area then get the droidx. Pointlesss to have 4g on your phone and not able to use it. And we still don't know if vzw is going to charge for 4g plan even though its not in your area like what sprint does.
    plsm likes this.
    01-06-2011 11:35 AM
    I dont see Verizon pushing out to many more 3G phones thats just MHO.
    Id stop by a VZW store and play around, id say its a toss up between the Motorola DroidX and HTC Droid Incredible. The DINC being my personal fave of the two cuz of the "Sense UI" and its more pocketable.
    plsm likes this.
    01-06-2011 02:07 PM
    Thanks everyone! I have been researching phones. It is between the DINC and Droid X. I like the looks of the DINC, but I read the camera was better on X and battery life. I think I will go by a Verizon store today and actually look at them again. I already did that back in Oct. Like I said about 4g, it is not in my area so I feel it is pointless to wait for one of those and then I may have to pay extra for 4g when I can't use it.
    01-07-2011 07:51 AM
    You can't go wrong with the Dinc and Dx. I played with the camera on both phones and both were good. Wasn't able to put pictures on a computer to compare but both looked clear.

As far as battery life, I have read DX is much better. But I cannot confirm that myself.
    plsm likes this.
    01-07-2011 10:29 AM
    Now I find out 4g will be in my area sometime in 2011. I might just sit tight for now, but I am getting tired of waiting!! I am not a patient person!
    01-08-2011 11:12 AM
    Now I find out 4g will be in my area sometime in 2011. I might just sit tight for now, but I am getting tired of waiting!! I am not a patient person!
    just wait a lil bit more since you found out you will soon be getting 4G speeds in your area and welll...if you can wait go for the motorola bionic looks like a great phone and the specs are pretty cool but if you cant wait THe Dinc in my opinion is the best out there...BUt seriously just wait a couple more monthss and you can get a kick *** phone because you wanna make sure you can live with it for 2 years
    plsm likes this.
    01-08-2011 12:34 PM
    I was about to buy a Droid Pro from Verizon because I want a Global Android phone and find the Droid 2 to be a brick. Does anyone know if any of the new 4G phones being introduced by Verizon will be Global? If so, I might will wait until the Spring when they come out. Otherwise I might get the Pro now as Global is more important to me than 4G.
    01-13-2011 09:09 AM