Hey guys. Hope everyone is having a nice day.

I have just ordered myself an LG G4 in brown leather.

I have been an avid windows phone user since windows phone 7 came out nearly 5 years ago, starting off with an LG OPtimus 7 and having 8 phones between then and now. I am currently on a Nokia 1520 which is about 18 months old and is starting to get tired. I baby my phones, it has been in a case with a screen protector all its life but the battery is barley lasting half a day now and the screen is blotching. It is also restarting randomly as well. Not that impressed as the phone isn't terribly old.

Anyways, I moved from android to windows phone those years ago. I had a HTC Legend which was a beautiful phone in many ways but android was so desperately laggy and unreliable, not very nice to use. Windows phone despite it's poor specs at the time was clean, easy to use and reliable.

However, MS have reversed their marketing approach. They initially only focused on mid to high end devices, but now they are only tackling low to mid end range. There is no replacement for my 1520, and the phone itself was discontinued a while back, and MS has said there will be no phablet this year.

Not only that, but my sister has just got a G Flex 2 and android seems to have come on a long way in many aspects and looks great, so I went for a G4.

Not only that, but it is a given android support their phones better and the app store is so much more.

These days, to me a phone is a phone, as long as I can check general notifications, text and phone then that is fine. Light gaming and internet browsing. I am not into rooting phones or doing them yet, but that may change!

So yeah. I am looking forward to it. I should be receiving it in a couple of days times

I have a couple of queries regarding android and will probably sources AC in time xD
    05-31-2015 07:39 AM

I have been an avid windows phone user since windows phone 7 came out nearly 5 years ago, starting off with an LG OPtimus 7 and having 8 phones between then and now. I am currently on a Nokia 1520 which is about 18 months old and is starting to get tired. I baby my phones, it has been in a case with a screen protector all its life but the battery is barley lasting half a day now and the screen is blotching. It is also restarting randomly as well. Not that impressed as the phone isn't terribly old.

Anyways, I moved from android to windows phone those years ago. I had a HTC Legend which was a beautiful phone in many ways but android was so desperately laggy and unreliable, not very nice to use. Windows phone despite it's poor specs at the time was clean, easy to use and reliable.

However, MS have reversed their marketing approach. They initially only focused on mid to high end devices, but now they are only tackling low to mid end range. There is no replacement for my 1520, and the phone itself was discontinued a while back, and MS has said there will be no phablet this year.

Not only that, but my sister has just got a G Flex 2 and android seems to have come on a long way in many aspects and looks great, so I went for a G4.

Not only that, but it is a given android support their phones better and the app store is so much more.

These days, to me a phone is a phone, as long as I can check general notifications, text and phone then that is fine. Light gaming and internet browsing. I am not into rooting phones or doing them yet, but that may change!

So yeah. I am looking forward to it. I should be receiving it in a couple of days times

I have a couple of queries regarding android and will probably sources AC in time xD
    Welcome to Android Central! Do you have the G4 yet, or did you preorder?
    05-31-2015 09:09 AM
    Hello and welcome to Android C!🙋
    I have a G4 myself and think you'll enjoy.
    It's a beauty.
    (I also envy you the 1520 but I'd better not say too much about that here.☺)
    worldspy99 likes this.
    05-31-2015 09:20 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Do you have the G4 yet, or did you preorder?
    Thank you chap I am from England, so I ordered it from the Carphone Warehouse. It was in stock and has already been dispatched! Just had a text message to say it will be delivered tomorrow !

The red leather one is available form the 5th June in the UK at least, but the brown leather one was my first choice anyway.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    05-31-2015 09:38 AM
    Hello and welcome to Android C!
    It's a beauty.
    Thank you as well!

Ahh, why not? The 1520 is a very good phone and probably the best windows phone. I have been very happy with it and it has served me well, and I will be keeping it as a good back up you know. I just wanted a change really and lollipop looks like the best version of android to date!

What combination colour do you have yours in ?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-31-2015 09:39 AM
    Hello and welcome to Android C!🙋
    It's a beauty.
    Thank you as well!

Ahh, why not? The 1520 is a very good phone and probably the best windows phone. I have been very happy with it and it has served me well, and I will be keeping it as a good back up you know. I just wanted a change really and lollipop looks like the best version of android to date!

05-31-2015 09:39 AM
    Welcome to the Droid Side and to Android Central Forums!
    Oliver Newell likes this.
    05-31-2015 09:51 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! I'm new here myself.

I was actually really excited about Windows Phone myself, but like you said, the direction that Microsoft is taking doesn't fit us at all. But I think that's just the only market left for them; Android and iOS have already captured the high end device market.

I'm thinking of upgrading to a G4 too! Tell us how you like it.
    05-31-2015 10:08 AM
    Hi Oliver! Super early adopter
    05-31-2015 10:52 AM
    Welcome to Android Central and Mobile Nations.
    The G line of phones are nice. I had a G3 for awhile.

Mav.

Sent from the future on my Sprint Nexus 6.
    05-31-2015 12:34 PM
    Hi Oliver! Please let us know how you like your G4. I'm considering it for my next device.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk
    05-31-2015 12:36 PM
    Hi Oliver! Please let us know how you like your G4. I'm considering it for my next device.

Oh yes, I will! Hopefully it will be a good phone
    05-31-2015 01:41 PM
    Welcome to Android Central and Mobile Nations.
    The G line of phones are nice. I had a G3 for awhile.

Mav.

Sent from the future on my Sprint Nexus 6.
    Thank you chap. Their G line has been around for a while now. Yes, the G3 is still regarded a very good smartphone.

By the way, I drive a VW :P
    05-31-2015 01:42 PM

I have the grey plastic-backed version. I'm also in the UK but my G4 was sent to me from the US. Since it was not readily available from Carphone at the time, I decided to nip into my local branch - an almost daily habit - and show it to them. But they weren't interested as they had one in the back room. They think I'm odd, I fear.

(When a friend went into his local store in the US to show them his G4, they were all over it.)

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-31-2015 02:10 PM
    Hello Oliver, welcome to the forums at Android Central!

Enjoy and have fun!

Sent From my Gold Platinum Galaxy S6 Edge
    05-31-2015 08:39 PM

Oh yes, I will! Hopefully it will be a good phone
    Also, don't forget video and/or pictures of the unboxing!

Sent From my Gold Platinum Galaxy S6 Edge
    05-31-2015 08:40 PM
    I have got it!

Arrived at 9:30 this morning. Popped it on charge and had to run a few erens for the day but i absolutely love it ! Ill make a new thread somewhere if someone can point me in the direcrion of where to post it, as i took pictures of the unboxing only a UK/Europe spec consumer unboxing at the moment is rare on the internet.

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-01-2015 09:21 AM
    Very cool.
    Here is the G4 forum: LG G4 - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

Mav.
    06-01-2015 09:27 AM
    Excellent choice of phones.... I'm tempted to replace my wife's G3 with the G4....
    06-01-2015 10:50 AM
    Welcome Oliver! I hope you find our forums useful .
    06-01-2015 05:56 PM
    Welcome back to AC from the Windows Phone world. My first smartphone was a PocketPC and then Windows Smartphone, both precursors to the new Windows Phone Platform. I also had several of the newer phones. always come back to Android, its the best.
    06-06-2015 04:41 PM
    Welcome to Android Central!
    06-11-2015 08:40 PM

I left iOS to come to Android and I got the LG G4 as well. I wanted a Nokia Lumia 1020 very badly because of the camera, but I was disappointed in the lack of apps, especially Google Maps. I panic when I get lost.

Enjoy your new phone!
    06-20-2015 08:11 PM