greeting from south africa

brandonbreedenroi

Jan 17, 2011
www.anneporter.co.za
hey guys,

greetings from the city of cape town, south africa. Where i am currently on my work visa from the USA...just signed up here a day or two ago..and only now had time to login and explore. just read the TOS and i think im good to go..

Hopefully i will get loads of good info here as i to just switched from BB to android.

Any solid advice from anybody is highly appreciated..

NXD10

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Hey - can you help? My son is leaving for South Africa on July 7 and is supposed to bring an unlocked phone with him to tether to his computer so he can get internet. Any suggestions for phones that work? He'll be way out in rural areas (he's in the Peace Corps). I have been searching and can't figure out which phones will function there.

primerebirth

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Howzit guys

new to this forum, i'm about 10mins old!
Not new to forums, i'm joining this because I was told
that users on this forums have value like money and gold.

Pretoria SA

primerebirth

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Hey - can you help? My son is leaving for South Africa on July 7 and is supposed to bring an unlocked phone with him to tether to his computer so he can get internet. Any suggestions for phones that work? He'll be way out in rural areas (he's in the Peace Corps). I have been searching and can't figure out which phones will function there.
Hi, Just joined today so i'm probably a bit late in responding to you.

If your son has a phone that takes a standard SIM then he can just get himself a local sim card from one of the Service Providers here. He can choose from Vodacom, MTN, Cell C et al. It's best to check their respective sites for coverage maps.

As to the question about tethering, he can just get himself a Nexus S or a Galaxy S and he'll be alright. They should be avaiable in all major Cellular outlets... Just Google

prime

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2