Switched from webos, missing it

Johnny Bass

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Well, I was on a verizon pre plus and had my phone stolen a month ago in a mugging. I ended up getting a fascinate a couple of weeks later. After 3 days of using it, I couldn't take touchwiz and decided to root so I could switch to the DL09 supahclean. The experience is way better now, but I still find myself missing webOS big time.

What i miss:
Gestures everywhere and the gesture pad
Cards
Patches
The konami code instead of a rather annoying rooting process.
webOS's text/im app
The entire os just felt way more intuitive with a better flow
Apps actually closing when i tossed them instead of having to back out or hit the home button then a task killer

What I am absolutely loving:
Very little lag (stuff loads on the fascinate 3x as fast as my pre +)
Google's core apps are insanely better on android (predictably enough)
Even with the galaxy s's faulty gps, it's still way better than the useless one one my pre
Having a lot of aps in the market even though I find most to be rather useless for my taste
Widgets are neat, but not really important for me
The phone app is hugely better
The better web browser
folders are pretty damn sweet

All in all, I have to admit that I like android a lot, but I think that I'll end up moving back to webos once the pre3 comes out (assuming it comes out on verizon). HP/Palm not updating the old devices is a bummer, but I don't hold it against them considering how old all of the pres are. Most android manufacturers seem to end up doing the same thing anyways. Android does a lot, but it just doesn't quite feel right.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
It takes time getting use to a new platform especially if you've been on it for a long time. I was the same way with Blackberry when switching to Android but it comes down to whatever you feel more comfortable with and like better. I would spend some time in the forums and learn as much as you can before deciding.
Welcome to AC... enjoy the forums.

afrats

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I just switched too and absolutely love the new phone. The only thing that I miss is the gestures to move quickly between apps. But, all the things that I wanted my pre plus to do, my Droid Incredible does.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I just switched too and absolutely love the new phone. The only thing that I miss is the gestures to move quickly between apps. But, all the things that I wanted my pre plus to do, my Droid Incredible does.

If you long press your home button it will open up the app switcher.

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
New devices always take a little time. Sorry about your luck. Welcome to AC though. You can find the answer to pretty much any question you have here in the forums.

Johnny Bass

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Figured out the app switcher, it helps make the transition easier, it's just not quite as intuitive as I had gotten used to.

For the overall look of my fascinate, even before going to supahclean, ADW Launcher went miles towards improving my overall android experience.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon