Droid X or Droid 2?

TaylorFC

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I have a Droid (had it since launch) and recently picked one up for my wife for $40 when her Crackberry died.

My wife's line is eligible for an upgrade and through Dell I can get her either a Droid X for FREE or a white Droid 2 Global for $19.99.

Any advice on which way to go?

Thanks,
Todd

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
That is true. And with a bigger screen on DX, on-screen keyboard is really good. And apps like Swiftkey and Swype makes the on-screen keyboard experience better.

TaylorFC

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I mentioned the larger virtual keyboard on the DX and she was like 'great, now that I've gotten used to a real keyboard."

Performance-wise, is there any significant difference?

john_v

Q&A Team
Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Same here.... but keep in mind most people who end up getting the physical keyboard on that phone barely use it after using the touchscreen for a while.

+1 on this. I had the blackberry torch, and while they are totally different beasts, after a short while I grew to hate the slide out keyboard and would have just rather had a thinner phone.

BTW, welcome to android central!

highjakker

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
my wife and i got the best of both worlds! VZW had the D2 bogo free and since the X was of equal cost as the D2 she got the 2 and i got the X for free!!

Reactions: TaylorFC

TaylorFC

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
+1 on this. I had the blackberry torch, and while they are totally different beasts, after a short while I grew to hate the slide out keyboard and would have just rather had a thinner phone.

BTW, welcome to android central!

Thanks. I've been using the site for about a year now, but haven't posted on the forums. I get all of my Android info from AC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair