Divorced as of today!!! :)

Milkman333

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Hello Everyone.

Just wanna introduce myself to the A/C community. I currently have an iPhone 3gs and today is when my "upgrade" is available :) hence the title of my introduction lol. To keep it short and sweet, I'm ready to move on and get an Android phone. Something different. I'm tired of the "leash" per say.

Obviously, i'm with AT&T and honestly, I dont have any plans on going to another carrier due to me being "grandfathered" in plan. Why go elsewhere.

Which now leads me to the O so imfamous question... "Which phone should I get?!" It's either the Inspire or the Atrix. I have been reading and physically looking at BOTH phones and I just cant decide which. I've been to several stores MULTIPLE times just to see them, yet I cant decide. I've seen more than several videos on YouTube and still, undecided.

Each phone has it's pro's and it's con's from reading what everyone says.

As far as the Inspire goes. I'm attracted to the HTC Sense but turned off by the battery life feature that everyone says is bad.

As far as the Atrix goes. I'm not all that gung ho to the screen (Motoblur) yet, inside, this phone is a beast. In addition, it has a stronger battery and STILL, have heard of people complaing about it.

BOTTOM LINE... I just cant seem to make up my mind and I'm anxious to dump my iPhone.

Thank you to all for reading and any and all suggestions are more than welcome!

mamawM

May 17, 2010
Visit site
welcome to the forums. both of those phones are great phones. htc has a great relationship with the hacking community, but the atrix is such a beast of a phone it's hard to get past dual core and 1g ram. you really won't go wrong with either one. good luck and have fun.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Hello, Milkman333.
Welcome to Android Central.

One of the best place for all android devices.

Enjoy the forum.

john_v

Q&A Team
Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Motoblur can be hidden by using a launcher...if that's really your biggest hangup about the atrix, I'd give that some serious thought.

At any rate, welcome to the forums!

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site
In my opinion, Sense really does add some nice features, but I am running a CyanogenMod 7 right now (Gingerbread) and I'm not really missing too much from Sense. The only think I miss is the camera app. CM7 has some auto-focus bugaboos to fix still.

In general, I would get the best hardware available. You can always root and load a different rom, or just install a launcher, if you want.

The new Sense does have the online presence, but I have not used it yet.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to A/C. I would say Atrix with Launcher Pro or ADW or Go Launcher. Blur is somewhat laggy but LPP did the trick for me. I tried GoLauncher and ADW and both are good, just didn't have time to customize it the way I want it too.

ReuvenNY

Dec 19, 2008
Visit site
Milkman, both phones are great specs wise. But I just got 2 HTC Inspires (family plan) and couldn't be happier. The phone feels great in your hand, is as fast as a beast and the 4.3 inch screen makes it really usable. Big difference from the 4.0 or smaller.
To my surprise, the battery last much longer then expected. I turned the phone at 6:30am today and now, after 10:00pm it's still 50% full. Mind you, because I have the phone only for 3 days, I am playing with it a lot (installing, downloading, testing etc.). Highly recommended.

Milkman333

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks to all!!!...

Some really great responses...

It's making it even harder to choose lol... One day it's the Atrix, the next it's the HTC Inspire...

I will keep y'all posted with my decision, hopefully Saturday! :)

Milkman333

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I couldn't wait till Saturday & went today... my final decision was HTC Inspire. I'm enjoying it as of now & have so much to learn on it :) so far, no regrets.

Milkman333

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
*** htc inspire purchase update ***

So after purchasing my HTC Inspire smartphone on 3/4/11 ... There's a few things I'm not to thrilled on.

Size (bit to big for my pocket) and the obvious... battery life. This thing is a HOG! I've tried many things, no live wall papers, live widgets etc... dim settings etc...

Still a no go for me...

So I guess it's time to move onto the Motorola Atrix and I hope I have no regrets. I do plan on using ADW or Launcher Pro from what I've been reading.

I hope my decision doesn't bite me in the rear....

See you on the Atrix side hopefully later today... :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney