Former Apple fanatic beginning to phase out into other brands.

Thousand Accent

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
I've been exclusively Apple since about 2011 now and was mainly focused on the whole seamless use across all devices and what not, but as technology keeps advancing I realize that this isn't really the case anymore and Apple as a company has been losing ground for a very long time.

I plan on getting a Note 7 and I ask, what can I expect?

Thanks, and I look forward to peaking on the forums every so often.

Tech2011

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I do not own a Note 7, but I currently own a Note 4, so I can't speak yet as to what to expect from the Note 7, but I can definitely say that the Note 7 should be a good choice.

I've been very happy with my Note 4 as it has not aged as fast as I expected it would. It still performs well and the battery life is still decent (relative to the other possible Android choices you have).

I think it's safe to expect that the Note 7 will be even better than the Note 4 in this regard.

Moving from iOS to Android will definitely be a transition and there will be some effort involved, but once you get through with the transition, I expect you'll be happy with your choice. You'll have a selection of apps that will have more capabilities (because Google is not as restrictive on what third-party apps can do) and you'll have more ways to customize the finer details of your device.

If you use Google services frequently on your phone (Google Search, Gmail, Google Drive, etc), then you'll get tighter integration of those services with your phone.

I think the Note 7 is a solid choice, although it certainly isn't the only great choice out there, and there are plenty of great Android phones that aren't made by Samsung. But nevertheless, there has never been a better time to switch to Android because the kinks that made Android a kludge in the past have been paved over by major improvements in hardware quality and the accessibility of Android.

If you have any specific questions about switching to Android or setting up your phone, just come back to the AC forums and we'll be glad to help you out.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I've been exclusively Apple since about 2011 now and was mainly focused on the whole seamless use across all devices and what not, but as technology keeps advancing I realize that this isn't really the case anymore and Apple as a company has been losing ground for a very long time.

Will be a little different in terms of the OS but the Note 7 is a really great phone and should be a fresh experience for you. I think you will enjoy it.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!

Well, I've heard nothing but good things about the Note series. IMO, every Note phone they've put out has been stellar. Plus, you'll have a lot of customizability now that you're with Android: themes, icon packs, launchers, wallpapers, widgets... The possibilities are virtually endless. Enjoy!

Posted via the Android Central App

metllicamilitia

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Well Android is a bit different from iOS, namely every manufacturer has their own variant of Android on their devices. Also the customization is unmatched. At the end of day though, a smartphone is a smartphone. They all function essentially the same.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
welcome to AC!

I've maintained that Google's ecosystem passed Apple's a looong time ago... not only are their online tools and services really top shelf stuff, they embrace all platforms... in fact, you'll hear a lot of gripes about how their iOS apps sometimes get new features ahead of the Android version.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site

Welcome to Android Central!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Glad you decided to try the other side of the fence. I hope you enjoy Android. Don't forget to ask questions (if need be) in the forums :D.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21