Another newbie fresh off the Windows Phone wagon

LoriInWA

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
Hi all,

I just got the Samsung Galaxy 8S+ after I have finally come to terms with the fact that Windows Phone is just a memory at this point. :( I have been a long time, long suffering Windows Phone fan girl, but eventually, I had to take the hint and move on.

I have a lot to learn about Android phones, but I will say that loading the 10 Launcher has allowed me to ease into the world of Android.

And can I just say....the apps...everywhere I look, I see apps! ;)

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello and welcome to the forums at Android Central!

Enjoy and have fun with that new great phone.
Don't hesitate to ask.

Sent From the Edge of the Seventh Galaxy

Sam_Gs7

May 27, 2016
Visit site
:cool: Wow! Another WPhn user took the Wagon to Android
I view these changes as natural occurrences on the
wireless communication era..So welcome to
ACentral interact in the forums and send
your feedback if you want - SeeYa!

Last edited:

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the world of Android and congratulations on your choice in phones! I too like the 10 Launcher, and I can understand your liking for WP. Enjoy yourself here! We're happy to help!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi there! Welcome to the AC Forums! Changing ecosystems is never easy, but we're here to try and help! :) And what a way to come into Android with one of the best phones of the year! :) Enjoy the forums and your new device!

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Warm welcome to AndroidCentral @LoriInWA

There are a lot of windows & Blackberry users here who moved from various operating systems. 😃 The first thing everyone loves (including me) was all the Apps we now have.

Sometime change is for the best and I hope you enjoy your new Galaxy S8+. Hope to see you around the forums.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks all for the warm welcome. I am still fumbling with some things, but I DO love my S8+ This is one sweet phone!

So glad you are enjoying it! If you need any help or have any questions, please feel free to ask! There's a Samsung Galaxy S8-specific topic section where you can post questions and see others' screenshot setups and all kinds of other cool stuff. :)

NYCMetsPDX

Apr 30, 2017
Visit site
Another long time Windows phone user here, just wanted to chime in and say thanks for the great links above. Very useful as I set up my OnePlus 3T.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

I just got the Samsung Galaxy 8S+ after I have finally come to terms with the fact that Windows Phone is just a memory at this point. :( I have been a long time, long suffering Windows Phone fan girl, but eventually, I had to take the hint and move on.

I have a lot to learn about Android phones, but I will say that loading the 10 Launcher has allowed me to ease into the world of Android.

And can I just say....the apps...everywhere I look, I see apps! ;)

Hey welcome to the club. I'm also using the Galaxy s8 Plus as my main phone but still using my Lumia 950xl for work. I'm not ready to completely let go just yet even if Microsoft have. You'll get used to Android quick enough

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae