Hi all,

I just got a Droid X, and am trying to set it up to get email from my Verizon.net email account. The sales rep *said* it could be done, though it doesn't seem to work, and I'm wondering if it really can be done - it appears instead they try to push you to use gmail instead. I really don't want to change email accounts, and I don't want to use gmail as a proxy.

I've found a link or two describing how to do it - e.g. this one:

DROID by Motorola Email Set Up Instructions

However it doesn't work like they describe. When I select the "email" application - it doesn't prompt to to create an account, or enter any settings. The only thing at all that shows up on the screen is the "text messaging" icon, which of course only allows me to view or send text messages. There's no option to set up an email account.

If anyone can help, it would be appreciated. Changing away from a long-used email account is a royal pain - I really don't want to do that.

Thanks.
    04-28-2011 09:51 PM
    Hello...
    Welcome to Android Central.

It's nice to have you onboard with us. Tap on the link in my signature for additional "tips & tricks".

Enjoy.
    04-28-2011 09:59 PM
    Welcome to AC! I would go to settings > accounts and enter your email account from there.
    04-28-2011 10:06 PM
    That works. Thanks!

(Seems like selecting the email app would prompt to set up a new account if it sees none there, but oh well)
    04-29-2011 07:14 AM