So this seems like the perfect place to put a random story. I have to share this horrible experience with you.
    I’m new here. Wanna know why? I’m a huge Apple fan. Yup. But I’m not close minded it’s just what I preferred. Well not anymore....
    I’ve had every service and a bunch of different brand smartphones ever since 2007. I went from iPhone 3G to Palm Pre, Plus to HTC Inspire to Samsung Galaxy and right back to iPhone 6 where I’m currently at.
    I dove all in to Apple. I got the MacBook Pro an iPhone 6 , Apple TV then the Apple Watch 1st gen (which I don’t wear anymore because it’s essentially useless) but then came iPhone 8 and iPhone X. The 8 looks like the 7 which looks close to my 6. I wanted something ...different? iPhone X is sure different but not in the way I want. That notch is horrible design choice imo and I refuse to fork over 1000 for a phone. But what’s really driving me away from Apple is the UX it use to be so solid I mean solid! I commend android for trying cutting edge stuff on the latest hardware like when picture in Pic came out but first it’s stutters and isn’t that refined yet like it is now and that I don’t like. But kudos to them pushing new features. iOS has always been super solid for me. Well now that Steve jobs is dead I swear it’s been getting incrementally worse each year and iOS 11 I’M DONE! That’s it. I can’t take all the bugs and jitters it’s appalling that Apple would put that out and think for a second that it’s acceptable. Holy cow.
    10-15-2017 11:00 AM
    But here’s what pushed me over the edge. It’s been. A little over 5 years since I walked into an Apple Store. I went to pick up a laptop for my wife. She wanted a pink MacBook. I told the guy what I wanted he said I had to wait and make an appointment with some genius to buy it. He could only tell me about the product he couldn’t sell me anything. R u kidding me? I thought. Ok. So now I’m talking to guy#2 he’s got this sarcastic tone and says wow getting a MacBook so easy huh? No big deal at all. I didn’t know what to say or think so I said yeah well I want this one hear in pink with 16gigs of memory. -he says oh we don’t make with 16gigs it only comes in 8g. I argued with him saying I’m sure you do it’s an option I researched it before coming here. He looks it up and says oh well that’s a special custom build we don’t have that In stores. But let me ask you, what are planning to use your computer for? What do you do for a living? Cuz you don’t really need that see I’m a video edition so I have one with 16g but that’s because I’m a really hard user....- I just about lost it on the guy. I couldn’t believe he had the audacity to tell the Customer no you shouldn’t buy that or buy this. The whole experience was offensive and left me with a bad taste in my mouth.
    I won’t ever buy an Apple product again. Ugh. They way they try come off is so arrogant and disgusting. It’s just a store. They need to come back down to reality. They take themselves way too seriously except where it counts. Their products and UX
    10-15-2017 11:07 AM
    Just wow.
    10-15-2017 11:07 AM
    I'm so sorry that you had a bad customer service experience with Apple. Plus, I don't think the sales rep asking you what you did for a living/why you needed that specific​ computer/etc was necessary at all - that's a lack of professionalism and discretion. It would have been different if you had said, "I need X computer for work, and I don't know which one to get." Plus, if you've already made up your mind on what you want, I don't think a sales rep has any right to try to steer you away or, even worse, just say "no" to you. You're the consumer, you're the one paying for the product, you have final say - period.

On a cheerier note, welcome to Android Central! We're glad you're here! What kind of Android phone are you thinking about switching to? If you have any questions at all, feel free to ask!
    belodion likes this.
    10-15-2017 01:28 PM
    Welcome to the forums and enjoy Android!

All systems have their problems here and there and part of the enjoyment is in learning how to deal with them....unless perhaps you have one device and are relying on it to work. Anyways, so far, I've encountered no problems that I'm aware of in iOS 11, although I know that others have.
    10-15-2017 06:50 PM
    I’m new here.
    Welcome to the forums.

I don't think the sales rep asking you what you did for a living/why you needed that specific​ computer/etc was necessary at all
    To a degree, I can but he could have done better. I'll address why below.

Just wow.
    I get why he might have asked. I have had family members ask me about computers and which to buy. I have always come out of the gate with this question: 'What's it going to be used for?' If it's for web browsing, YouTube, online shopping, that puts them in a certain spec point. Once they diverge from that, it becomes a different ballgame. The guy at the Apple store to a degree was doing this, but he could have asked in a much better and nicer way. If someone wants to go beyond web surfing with that specific laptop you mentioned, and they are disappointed, that can hurt the bottom line.

So, do I see where he was coming from? Yes. Was there a better way to ask? Oh, yeah....definitely. It all did come off as snobby.

Are you thinking of staying with Apple on the PC side?
    Morty2264 likes this.
    10-15-2017 07:35 PM
    Thanks for the welcoming. 🙂
    I really wanted to upgrade right now from my iPhone 6 but I convinced myself to wait just one more year. I’ve got it down to 2 choices. Im either gonna go with next years Google Pixel 3 or Sony XZ “X”
    Why? Well I’m really impressed with google making hardware now I feel they’re ripe for transitioning ex Apple users. They make so easy for Apple users to switch over its very tempting. I like the look of their phones, the front facing speakers sound great and I’m thinking the 3rd revision of things is always a sweet spot with my experience.
    Sony. Well what’s not to like? They produce quality items. I’ve got a Sony TV I’m planning on getting a Sony PlayStation in a year or two so having a Sony phone I’m hoping they’re might be some cool connectivity features. But if not I’ve always had good experience with their products.
    I like the design and don’t like it at the same time. I like how I can instantly spot a Sony phone but at the same time the forehead and chin on those XZ phones are starting to look huge with everyone going practically bezeless. I know I should be use to it being an iPhone owner right? Well... still not sure if it bugs me or not. But waiting to see if there’s a design change next year.

I’m also tired of iOS. I started using all google apps on my iPhone and I’m blown away with how much I like it better than my native iPhone apps especially the calendar. Wow you don’t know how much you don’t like about something until you tried something else.
    10-15-2017 07:57 PM
    My wife went with a new model Dell Inspiron. She’s pretty happy with it.
    I’ll still stick with my Apple 4K TV since I. Just got it. I might upgrade our iPad 2 if there is an iPad refresh next year. But I might not. I have to look at how far other tablets have come. I’m thinking there are probably really nice tablets for cheap and can do everything I need it to for a fraction of the price of an iPad by now.
    10-15-2017 08:03 PM
    10-15-2017 10:42 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! I agree, the rep should have handled that in a much better way. I hope you have a great experience with Android!

In terms of laptops or tablets, you might consider a Chromebook. I've been a big fan for years, and they keep getting better, with increased functionality (Android apps) and nicer hardware (Samsung Chromebook Pro, Acer Chromebook for Work, and PIXELBOOK, awww yeah). For people who use their computers for primarily web-based activity, it's a great choice.
    WindFish likes this.
    10-15-2017 11:26 PM
    I really wanted to upgrade right now from my iPhone 6 but I convinced myself to wait just one more year.
    If I may?

I would suggest getting the 1st Gen Pixel now. At the time of this writing, it starts at $549 on the Google Store. Wait your 2 years to upgrade. So we now fast forward to Fall 2019, Start considering your Sony phone, and by that time, we might have more info on when the new generation PlayStation will be out. Then, you can decide on your phone and your new console at the same time.

You can always get the Pixel 3 next year if you want.

So that's it. At least you get fully into the Google ecosystem earlier as opposed to later. And $550 is a really good price for the Pixel. And that is coming from an owner.
    B. Diddy and WindFish like this.
    10-16-2017 12:23 AM
    My wife went with a new model Dell Inspiron. She’s pretty happy with it.
    I’ll still stick with my Apple 4K TV since I. Just got it. I might upgrade our iPad 2 if there is an iPad refresh next year. But I might not. I have to look at how far other tablets have come. I’m thinking there are probably really nice tablets for cheap and can do everything I need it to for a fraction of the price of an iPad by now.
    In my opinion, the tablet arena for Android at least, seems to be dying. The refreshes and new models are getting slower and fewer. I would actually suggest looking at convertible Chromebooks or Windows laptops.

Like @B. Diddy, I have a Chromebook. And all they are built for is surfing the web. Sure you can do other things with them, but their primary purpose is to web surf. And they work great for that. Chrome OS is a really light OS. Boot times are incredibly quick. about 13 seconds for my Chromebook. For reference, my Linux PC boots in about 20 seconds, and my Windows one in 35. They are really secure, sandboxed as much as Android is (probably even more).

All I can say is you are in a whole new world, where the sky is the limit for options.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    10-16-2017 12:35 AM
    Hello and welcome to the forums at Android Central!

Enjoy and have fun!

Sent From Inside the TARDIS with my Note 8
    10-16-2017 01:10 AM
    I’ll definitely look into the chrome books.
    10-16-2017 02:26 AM
    I’ll have to look into the differences between chrome book and pixel book but they sound intriguing to say the least. For sure I’ll check them out.
    10-16-2017 02:28 AM
    Welcome!
    10-16-2017 10:37 AM
    Welcome to Android Central & Mobile Nations.

Mav.
    10-16-2017 04:53 PM
    Welcome to Android Central.

Enjoy the site and post often.
    10-24-2017 05:44 PM