Hi all
    I'm new here and brand new to Android coming from an iPhone for years. I got the new Galaxy Note 8. This thing makes me feel stupid for sure. Can anyone give me any help, advice, forums other than this one to also join, apps to make phone fun (wallpaper, theme, icon, widgets etc). I'll take anything I can get as I'm sure I have only just begun to scratch the surface on this phone.

Thanks
    Karrie
    10-25-2017 09:34 AM
    Hi all
    I'm new here and brand new to Android coming from an iPhone for years. I got the new Galaxy Note 8. This thing makes me feel stupid for sure. Can anyone give me any help, advice, forums other than this one to also join, apps to make phone fun (wallpaper, theme, icon, widgets etc). I'll take anything I can get as I'm sure I have only just begun to scratch the surface on this phone.

Thanks
    Karrie
    Welcome to the forums, Karrie. We do have a specific Note 8 forum found here: https://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...galaxy-note-8/

What questions do you have? You can do a lot with your Android in terms of wallpapers and themes, and I am not referring to the ones that come in the Samsung theme app. Our own columnist, Ara Wagoner wrote this earlier this year: https://www.androidcentral.com/getti...ndroid-theming

The above is a lot to absorb, so I would consider waiting until you are used to the new OS (give it a good week) and while you are acclimating, you can read that over a few times.
    karrieu likes this.
    10-25-2017 10:33 AM
    Hello Karrie! Welcome to the forums!
    karrieu likes this.
    10-25-2017 10:36 AM
    Welcome!
    karrieu likes this.
    10-25-2017 10:40 AM
    Welcome Miskar72
    Have you checked out our Note 8 threads?
    karrieu likes this.
    10-25-2017 10:47 AM
    Welcome to the AC Forums! We're glad to help! Just post your question and I'm sure someone can chime in
    karrieu likes this.
    10-25-2017 11:53 AM
    Welcome aboard!

I’m not a Sammie user myself but there’s no harm in installing Google’s Find My Device even if, as I believe is the case, there is a Samsung equivalent. Invaluable app.
    karrieu likes this.
    10-25-2017 12:02 PM
    Welcome to the forums, Karrie! And to the world of Android!

Don't feel bad - platform jumping definitely comes with its own challenges and learning curves! When I switched from BlackBerry to Android, it took me a couple of weeks to adjust.

My advice to you is to watch Note 8 videos on YouTube - lots of reviewers and enthusiasts post videos of tips and tricks that truly help the user get the best experience from their phone.

Also, feel free to ask us for any help. We are here for you!
    karrieu likes this.
    10-25-2017 02:45 PM
    Thanks everyone for the great welcome. YES jumping platforms is very challenging. I've only had this for about a week. So all my questions are just basically the ins and outs of using it. Just to make sure I'm getting full use out of it. All I have basically done on it is try to pretty it up and do ringtones and text and play a few games. It amazes me just how much more and android seems to be able to do technically vs the iPhone.
    10-25-2017 03:44 PM
    No haven't dug in on this forum yet but def will.
    10-25-2017 03:45 PM
    Hi misskar72 : We welcome to ACentral.com

As pointed out by other Gent's above, switch phone brand
    and OS it has its adaptation time: In this forum you'll learn

How to operate your Note 8 properly - iO11+Android has
    basic same functions..So stick around and post questions
    karrieu likes this.
    10-25-2017 06:52 PM
    Welcome Karrie -- to AC! .
    karrieu likes this.
    10-26-2017 01:37 AM
    Thanks everyone
    One question I do have is what is the best text message app for this phone that will give me the ability to swipe left to delete vs the was the standard preloaded app is?
    Morty2264 and Sam_Gs7 like this.
    10-26-2017 02:55 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! For a general introduction to Android (through Nougat), see my guide: http://forums.androidcentral.com/gen...16-nougat.html
    karrieu likes this.
    10-26-2017 04:54 AM
    Hello Karrie, welcome to the forums at Android Central!

You decided on the best phone, congrats!

Sent From Inside the TARDIS with my Note 8
    karrieu likes this.
    10-26-2017 07:37 AM
    Thanks everyone
    One question I do have is what is the best text message app for this phone that will give me the ability to swipe left to delete vs the was the standard preloaded app is?
    I'm quite biased here, but I use Textra (and upgraded to the Pro version - I think it was a dollar CAD); and have been using it for at least four years. When you're in the message inbox screen, you can swipe individual conversations left and right to either delete the messages in said conversation or to make a call to said contact.

Textra is great - you can customize everything; from the messaging notification that comes up on your screen, to the LED/notification per contact. This is my favourite feature; as I have specific contacts set to priority and so I can differentiate between who is trying to contact me.
    karrieu likes this.
    10-26-2017 10:29 AM
    Welcome to Android Central & Mobile Nations.

Mav.
    10-27-2017 02:07 PM
    Hi all

Thanks
    Karrie
    Warm Welcome To AndroidCentral Karrie! Its very normal to feel like you have been put in the deep end. I felt the same way when i first started using an iPhone. You will get the hang of it.

It amazes me just how much more and android seems to be able to do technically vs the iPhone.
    Thats one of the positives of Android. Customisation is only limited to your imagination.... (and the apps available) lol

See you around the forums.
    10-28-2017 07:33 AM
    Welcome to Android Central.

Enjoy the site and post often!
    11-27-2017 08:19 AM