Not really "NEW" new, but back?

cnashx

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
So, I've been here on and off for a LONG time.
But since I've had my Essential PH-1 for a few weeks and am quite enjoying it I figured I would Introduce myself.
I have been just about everywhere on the phone platform since I've started using mobile phones so I have a little insight into a lot. I actually put together a list of what I think is all the phones I have ever purchased. It goes something like this.

Nokia 3360 (changed everything about this phone MULTIPLE times)
Motorola i90c
Motorola i60c
Motorola V3000
Motorola i530
Motorola i730
Motorola v551
Motorola i830
Motorola RAZR
Motorola SLVR
VK Mobile VK2000
VK Mobile VK2020
T-Mobile MDA/HTC Wizard (had about 4 of these)
iPhone (original)
HTC Touch
Palm Treo Pro
Blackberry Bold 9700 (one AT&T one T-Mobile)
HTC Hero CDMA (First Android)
iPhone 4
Samsung Galaxy SII
iPhone 4s
iPhone 5
iPhone 5s
iPhone 6 plus
Microsoft Lumia 950XL
HP Elite x3
iPhone 7 plus
Essential PH-1

Plan to be part of this environment and push in my 2 cents with applicable. :)
Anyone else have a crazy phone history?

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello and welcome to the forums at Android Central!

I had several different phones over the years; BlackBerry, HTC, Motorola, Palm and Samsung.
I had several Motorola Nextel phones too!
I remember using the i90c, the i530 and others.
But my favorites were the i870 and the ic902.

The ic902 and the Palm Prē will always have a special place in my memories. Heck, I still have them with me!

But my latest phones have been way faster and better in many other ways.
These latest phones are Samsung: GS4, GS5, GS6 edge, GS7 edge and now the great Note 8.

cnashx

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Hello and welcome to the forums at Android Central!

I had several different phones over the years; BlackBerry, HTC, Motorola, Palm and Samsung.
I had several Motorola Nextel phones too!
I remember using the i90c, the i530 and others.
But my favorites were the i870 and the ic902.

The ic902 and the Palm Prē will always have a special place in my memories. Heck, I still have them with me!

But my latest phones have been way faster and better in many other ways.
These latest phones are Samsung: GS4, GS5, GS6 edge, GS7 edge and now the great Note 8.

I played with all the new Samsung Phones, but I was never a big Samsung phone fan. Used to love their TVs though.
The Galaxy SII I had was ok, but I don't enjoy the Samsung "bloat".

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Welcome (back) to the forums! And wow, what an impressive device history! Amazing! And so glad you love your Essential Phone! That is a great device, for sure. Enjoy yourself here!

cnashx

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Welcome (back) to the forums! And wow, what an impressive device history! Amazing! And so glad you love your Essential Phone! That is a great device, for sure. Enjoy yourself here!

Thank you!
I stuck with the stock "Launcher3" launcher for a little while and have since switched over to the Microsoft Launcher.
Anyone know of a simple Launcher like Launcher3 with the Google now (I think that's what it's called) to the left and icon notification bubbles? I live the Microsoft page to the left, but I want to play with the Google Now one without losing my notification bubbles. I also want the launcher to be pretty light. Read some things about Lawnchair, but can't find any information about total features/adds to launcher3 to make it "lawnchair".

Thanks.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I played with all the new Samsung Phones, but I was never a big Samsung phone fan. Used to love their TVs though.
The Galaxy SII I had was ok, but I don't enjoy the Samsung "bloat".
Not much bloat since the Galaxy S5, and has been decreasing even more.

Sent From Inside the TARDIS with my Note 8

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21