Just got me a Samsung Epic and I'm not that happy!!!! After my bad experience with Samsung, I told myself never again!! So why did I go back to Sam you ask? Well sprint does not offer as many Android phones as T mobile (my other carrier) so I had a choice between this or the EVO and EVO shift. EVO is a nice phone, just too big for my taste. So that leaves the EVO shift and the Epic. Long story short, the Epic was on sale for 29.99 so I snatched it up! My first problem is every time I get a text or phone call the phone speaks the persons name!!!!! How do I turn this off? Second, on my lock screen I can only see the day and month and not the date! Is this some sort of bug than can be fixed, or do I need sprint to give me a whole new phone? Any help would be much appreciated!!
    05-16-2011 11:01 AM
    Hey PiTTBoy welcome to the forum. No need to worry about people being nice, we're all a big family here. You're now a part of that family and you have NO CHOICE!

Unfortunately I don't own that specific device so I have no input for you but we have a great Epic forum thats populated with awesome people and tons of info. Head on over there and I'm sure they will be more than happy to answer any questions for you.

Again, congrats on the device and welcome to the AC family.
    05-16-2011 11:05 AM
    Thanx...... and happy to be a part of the Android family!
    05-16-2011 11:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD