Update to nougat

snotgobbler

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
I want to update my lenovo yoga tab 2 pro 13.3 to run on nougat and I am just coming up against a brick wall, please help there must be an easy way to do this. All replys to [email removed by moderator]

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, that's unlikely to happen. That device released with (I believe) KitKat. An update to Nougat for that device would be 3 platform updates - something even Google-sold devices of that era never got (at most 2).

Here is Lenovo's update matrix, that device appears to have stopped at Marshmallow (as expected) https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht501098

If you NEED to have Nougat for compatibility with something, you're looking at either finding another device or exploring the world of 3rd-party ROMs (if available for that device).

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums at Android Central!

I'm not familiar with that device but, if there isn't an official release, I guess rooting would be an option, if you're familiar and comfortable doing it.

I would not recommend rooting a device if you don't know how.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central.

I couldn't find your device on Lineage, which is going to be a base for a lot of custom ROMs. If Lenovo didn't release Nougat yet, you may not be able to find a ROM for it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Moved from the Introductions forum to the Lenovo Android Tablet forum, and also merged duplicate threads.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463