I apologize if this question has been posted already, but it seems to be like all the "switching from 4G to 3G" questions were in regards to the HTC Thunderbolt. I want to know if this possible on a Samsung Infuse 4G. I don't mind if I have to root it, but I tend to use google voice to text a lot, so 4G would kill my battery way too quickly.

Does anyone know if it is possible to manually switch from 4G to 3G on the Samsung Infuse? If it's not possible, then is there a firmware that will come in the near future that will allow the switch?

Thank you
    05-16-2011 03:34 PM
    Verizon and the Thunderbolt use LTE for their 4G. LTE is horrible on battery life, which is why everyone was looking for a switch, and it was possibly because LTE is completely different from EVDO, their 3G tech. AT&T uses HSPA+ for their "4G" (I use quotes because most people agree it isn't real 4G), which is just a modification of their 3G tech, HSPA/UMTS. It doesn't use any more battery than 3G, and I don't think it's even possible to just turn off 4G without turning off 3G, since they're the same tech.

Yeah, I just nerded out . Hope this helps!
    05-16-2011 11:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD