Wandering My Way Through Android

Aithan

Dec 7, 2017
Visit site
I'm not new to Android devices as I own an Android tablet, but I'm new to Android phones and my LG V30+ was my gift to myself this winter. :)

Even though my tablet is from LG, I wasn't figuring I would be getting another LG device if only because it seemed to be really 'unpopular' in my neck of the woods and trying to get more unbiased fact-based opinions was a bit fruitless.

Of note: I heard feedback about bloatware, but I actually like LG's default apps for the most part because they're clean, simple, and do what I want them to do. The QuickMemo feature, especially, was an unexpected gem in my tablet and so having it on my phone is just really great.

But I got curious and did my own research all the same and after discovering a few more gems, I knew that the V30 would be for me and I have to say that I couldn't be happier!

One of the clinchers?

The LG V30 has DAC. The LG V30+ has DAC, Quad earphones, and double the internal storage.

Before getting my phone, I had already been shopping around for a decent portable DAC player that wasn't chained to one specific ecosystem or another. I have a growing library of 'lossless' music so I wanted a way to carry some of it around - especially when traveling.

So, when I saw the LG V30 (and yes, I saw the LG V20 and the G6, too, but I figured that since it's my first Android phone, I might as well get something newer to hold out longer and DAC was removed from the NA G6 release) with its specs and DAC and - omg! - its wired earphone jack, that was it.

I got my future phone that I needed combined with the portable DAC player that I had already been wishing for and life's been good while I've been getting to know my device while listening to some sweet, sweet music. :D

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to the forums! It's always nice to have new enthusiasts ppl on board. You have done plenty of research, you could answer some questions, especially LG ones it seems. Each device has its own thread here so you can make any comment or question device specific..
Anyway, welcome and we hope to see you around the forums! :)

Aithan

Dec 7, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for the welcome Tim! :)

I've read a bunch of threads and articles on this site for a little while now - for possible solutions to problems with my tablet and more recently, for research on phones - and so I figured that it was time to join in and contribute where I can!

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome aboard Aithan and enjoy the forums. :)
I like LG devices myself....my LG-made Nexus 5 is still a superbly fast and smooth phone after 3y 9mo of use, with my LG G3 following a close second at about 3y 5mo. :)

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums and to LG! The V30 itself is a great phone - I'm usually not one for phablets, but it was so comfortable to hold! And I bet the Plus version is just as cool! And, like you, I do enjoy LG's skin.

Hope you enjoy yourself here!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Glad you're enjoying your phone -- the DAC is definitely a huge plus on that phone. I would just caution about relying too heavily on QuickMemo, since I don't think notes created with that app are compatible across devices or platforms. I don't think QuickMemo is available on non-LG devices, so if you switch to one in the future, you probably wouldn't be able to bring those notes over.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze