First time here...

Poppie54

Dec 19, 2017
Visit site
Hey now ppl. Just joining, trying to see what's the best phone out today? I'm more bias to the Note 8. I still have the 1-4 notes.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Note 8 FTW! (Also, welcome to the AC Forums!)

There are quite a few posts on the AC Blog that might give you THEIR thoughts on which phone is the best this year, but as much as we love the Note, they crown the S8 and the Pixel 2 as the best of the year. The Note 8 is a better S8, sooooo... haha

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! There are so many good phones out there right now that it really depends on what's most important to you in a phone. Personally, I think my Pixel 2 XL is great -- the camera and associated software are fantastic. But also keep in mind phones like the HTC U11+, OnePlus 5T, and Huawei Mate 10 Pro, among others.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums! As B. Diddy said, there are many good phones to choose from - 2017 was a fantastic year for phones! The 5T is a great bang for your buck; as well as the Honor 7X if you can grab one! And of course, the Pixel 2 line is awesome! I'd also recommend the LG V30 as a top contender for the #1 spot.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. Everyone is going to have their own bias toward a phone. I am also partial to Pixel devices, but that's just me.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello Poppie, welcome to the forums at Android Central!

I have the Note 8, it definitely is the best phone out there at the moment.

Now, if you don't need the S-Pen, I guess the GS8 or GS8+ are the ones for you.

The LG V30 and the Pixel phones are good too. It all depends on what you do and need on a phone.

Good hunting and let us know what phone you get. Also, what other Android devices you have?

Sent From Inside the TARDIS with my Note 8

djrakowski

Q&A Team
May 4, 2011
Visit site
Hey now ppl. Just joining, trying to see what's the best phone out today? I'm more bias to the Note 8. I still have the 1-4 notes.

Welcome to AC!

My opinion will differ from that of nearly everyone else here, but I think the best smartphone is made by Apple, simply because I can guarantee security and platform updates for many more years than I can guarantee them on any Android device on the market today.

But I still love Android for customization (launchers, icon packs, etc.) and automation (Tasker FTW!), and if I were to choose from top of the line Androids today, I’d likely go with the Pixel 2 XL.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac