The New One

LuckyLoot

Jan 15, 2018
Visit site
Hi there,

my name is LuckyLoot and I'm not an Android. Well, at least not now, but I'planning on abandoning my once loved iOS-device. Therefore I'm signing up on AndroidCentral for help, Tips & Tricks on handling the new OS and looking into it a little further than usual.

My smartphone history is not that long:

1. HTC hero (half year)
2. iPhone 4 (five years)
3. iPhone 6 (since two years)

Since the recent news about the fruit-developer are everything else than user-friendly, I chose to quit them and go get a Samsung S8, since it dropped in price and the iPhone 6 is slow as... .
As I already know, there will be a lot of bloatware by Samsung, so I guess my first searchrequest here will be about a guide what to delete and what to keep.

I'm looking forward for good conversations and nice people.

Have a good day,

LuckyLoot

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello there, welcome to Android and to the forums at Android Central!

Congrats on your new phone!
I actually keep the Samsung apps that come with my Samsung phones. But the bloatware from the carriers is another story.

Don't be a stranger and check the sub forums of your new device for more info.

Sent From Inside the TARDIS with my Note 8

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
LuckyLoot! Love your username! Welcome to the forums, and congratulations on your new Samsung Galaxy S8! Cool beans!

As far as bloatware goes, I'd perhaps hold off and see if any of those apps are useful to you before deleting or ignoring them. My mom has a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge and some of her Samsung apps are pretty cool! Explore them a little and then see what you'd like to keep.

Welcome again, and enjoy yourself here! :)

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi there,

my name is LuckyLoot and I'm not an Android. Well, at least not now, but I'planning on abandoning my once loved iOS-device. Therefore I'm signing up on AndroidCentral for help, Tips & Tricks on handling the new OS and looking into it a little further than usual.

My smartphone history is not that long:

1. HTC hero (half year)
2. iPhone 4 (five years)
3. iPhone 6 (since two years)

Since the recent news about the fruit-developer are everything else than user-friendly, I chose to quit them and go get a Samsung S8, since it dropped in price and the iPhone 6 is slow as... .
As I already know, there will be a lot of bloatware by Samsung, so I guess my first searchrequest here will be about a guide what to delete and what to keep.

I'm looking forward for good conversations and nice people.

Have a good day,

LuckyLoot

Welcome to the forums. Aside from rooting the device, most of the bloatware probably won't be able to be removed. You can disable some of it, but you won't be able to eliminate it.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome and enjoy Android. :)

Samsung has its own device manager app I believe, but you may care to grab Google’s Find My Device as well.

djrakowski

Q&A Team
May 4, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central!

I'm technically not an Android, either... my primary phone is an iPhone 8 Plus, and I'll most likely stick with Apple products on my primary line for the foreseeable future. But I have fun tinkering with Androids and hang out here more than I do at iMore.

worldspy99

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Welcome. The S8 is probably the best compact device out there. The screen size/physical size ratio is just crazy. Samsung Pay is probably the most underrated feature - works with practically every credit card reader in the USA. Samsung switch and backup work quite well too. The camera is nothing to sneeze at especially in daylight. The overall ergonomics are superb despite the wonky fingerprint scanner. Headphone jack output is decent to boot.

Good luck with the S8 and welcome to AC!