'Ello good folk of Android Central

Sim8

Jun 2, 2018
Visit site
I'm Si, and I'm here waaaay too late. It's 2018, and this splendid Android world has been happily spinning for yonks. I salute you fine folk who have trodden this path before me.

I'm from the UK, but seek humble refuge in the Canary Islands - the little-known island of La Palma, if anyone has ever heard of it? No. I thought not. And my good lady (who is so much better at tech than me) lives in Madeira where I spend a bit of the year, too.

Greatest tech hero moment: working near the people who built the fore-runner to the 3G network. Four humble geniuses working infeasible miracles in a pokey basement office.

Worst tech failure moment: that none of their brilliance rubbed off on me.

I believe in good reciprocity and intend to help here more than I hinder

Si

Sim8

Jun 2, 2018
Visit site
No! It's not possible... you DO know little La Palma. Fantastic. Please wave to my beautiful, spiritual home as you pass over and salute my newfound love close by: Madeira. I bow to your uplifting geography too and knowingly nod to Lisbon and the great country of Brazil.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello Si, welcome to the forums at Android Central!

What Android devices do you have?

Sent From the TARDIS with my Note 8

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Welcome Si, from Atlanta, Georgia, USA. You'll find many kindred Android souls here on the Android Central forums.

Sim8

Jun 2, 2018
Visit site
Hello Si, welcome to the forums at Android Central!

What Android devices do you have?

Sent From the TARDIS with my Note 8

Cheers, Stargate. I have a second hand old Samsung Galaxy Note 3, and this Acer R11 Chromebook - which brings me here - for everything else. Apart from (not strictly Android) a Raspberry Pi 1,2 and a 3, which each run in various places as media centres for my TV and Film desires. I presume I might be considered a boring minimalist by some here?

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Cheers, Stargate. I have a second hand old Samsung Galaxy Note 3, and this Acer R11 Chromebook - which brings me here - for everything else. Apart from (not strictly Android) a Raspberry Pi 1,2 and a 3, which each run in various places as media centres for my TV and Film desires. I presume I might be considered a boring minimalist by some here?
Quite a collection you got going on!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the AC Forums! Working alongside tech gods can be awesome (one of my teachers worked alongside Gonzalez-Camarena in creating the color TV system, although uncredited). Anyway, welcome to the Forums and we're all here to help! Have fun!

Sim8

Jun 2, 2018
Visit site
Cheers, SpookDroid. Yes, I was shown the clarity of how much I really didn't know. Could never get my head around or know, even. True perspective. And so much respect to them. Always chasing new knowledge and pushing their minds and engineering capabilities. I remember wandering into their office and one of 'em saying they'd just read a theory on how to get more data down a twisted copper pair (basic landline.) His workmate said that that couldn't be right. Strolled over, took a look at the paper on screen for a few short minutes and added, I think he's right. That's brilliant.

And that became ADSL.

On the shoulders of giants go we. Your teacher one.

Last edited:

Sim8

Jun 2, 2018
Visit site
Ha! Morty! I am just this very moment about to respond to you on the matter of screen size and 11 year old devices...

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome aboard! Active members are especially welcome and I see you’ve already started posting. :)

I’m also from the UK where, at the moment, I can report, it’s overcast from horizon to horizon, this June day, and is, perhaps, not entirely warm.

Sim8

Jun 2, 2018
Visit site
'Ello belodlon, and yeah, soz about all the posting. Got a bit carried away there. I am currently looking at grey skies too, as I am observing from my current location looking across to Gatwick Airport. At least I can see the planes coming in. Chilly when I put the rubbish out, too. Us Brits never talk about the weather. Ta for the welcome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37